Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Roma
New Member!
Wales
Roma is female 

18-01-2013, 07:59 AM

Ok, How many got snow?!

Sorta guessed that the snow would come silently in the night as it so often does!
Our 3 yorkies were let out into the back garden as usual this morning and the brakes went on...!!
OH has a hospital appointment so think a phone call is called for.
What's it like with everyone else and where are you? We are in S Wales and it is quite thick on the ground and coming down steadily.
Will put wellies on and go and feed the birds once it's light enough to see.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 08:06 AM

Re: Ok, How many got snow?!

Should have reached us last night but it changed direction and went north.
Got none at the moment but if it doesn't change again will be with us about 0900 -1000
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 08:44 AM

It hasn't reached Kettering yet but we're forecast to have about 3 inches, just enough to keep me housebound. I've ordered some of those grippers that fit underneath your shoes. Amazon are selling them on offer at the moment, less than £3 a pair with free postage if you are prepared to wait a few days.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 09:21 AM

We are in Manchester and have about an inch on the ground but more is on the way.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 09:23 AM

Supposed to be up here today but am hoping it gives where I live at least, a miss! I detest snow!!
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

18-01-2013, 10:10 AM

We have snow.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 10:22 AM

We have snow all week in Nottinghamshire, it didnt go away. The new stuff is due to arrive at lunch time and expected to get at least 4 inches. The hilltops and mountains are expecting a foot so Wales, Penines etc going to be covered. Those shoe things sound good Alan I will get my son to order me some as it could be like this on and off for a few weeks. Do they do cheap flippers for the rain
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 10:36 AM

Started to snow (sleet???) here around 07.55 this morning. Snow flakes have got larger and larger ever since, continuing to snow as I write this and we have approx 1" on the ground so far.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 10:53 AM

Been snowing off and on since 11.30pm last night, not deep, just covering the ground, but wellies on and a walk for Bailey before it gets worse, then go and fuel up, tummy and tankwise. The wind seem s to be getting up a bit now, and snow coming down faster.
MrsD
midlands uk
MrsD is female  MrsD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 11:35 AM

No fresh snow here since yesterday , its suppose to arrive midday . Its very icy underfoot and a bitter cold wind blowing

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top