Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 06:13 AM

Happy Thursday Everyone.

[IMG]
[/IMG]Taken in Schliersee, Bavaria last July, my glass is the empty one.....SOB. Went walking with my old workmates yesterday - I managed to stay on my feet but one of my friends went down on the ice, fortunately he wasn't badly hurt.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 07:59 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Everyone.

Good morning Alan and everyone else

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCrpUsLd5kE

Cold again and dry which has not effected Mother Natures creatures from trying to eat us out of house and home.

Plans for today are a visit to B&Q for some timber as I have decided to re-vamp the garage storage and workbench. Lunch at a local establishment followed by working in the garage in the afternoon, I reckon 4 hours should be enough to complete the project.

Off to our sons tomorrow to help him fit a new roof to his garage.

Photobucket will not let me in.

Have a great day everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Pkq-iE9vI
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 09:39 AM

Good morning Alan, Bob et al....

Cold here at -6 degC. but yesterday's fog has lifted thank goodness. Visiting an old friend this morning for a couple of hours and we are being visited at home by an old friend this afternoon, so it looks like being a coffee and cake marathon today, it's a dirty job but.....

Enjoy your day folks.

Barry
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 09:44 AM

Good morning Alan, Antibrown and all to come in yet.
Alan, dont you know you have got the wrong kind of glass?
No wonder your friend went down if he was drinking pints
of wine
Going to snow, snow and snow tomorrow so if you dont like
it I would get your shopping in today laugh.
Going for my 2 mile walk and hope I dont land on my bum.
My penfriend said I shouldnt go out just in case I fall.
I like advice but if I had had that attitude all my life I
dont think I would be talking to you now. Its going out
that keeps me alive
Take care everyone and have a nice day.

p.s. You just sneaked in Mr P whilst I was typing.
MrsD
midlands uk
MrsD is female  MrsD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 09:57 AM

Hi still very cold here , we had a red sky at 8am looked very pretty . Snow is on its way ,is anyone panic buying yet?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 10:29 AM

Morning All Cold and a wee bit dull here. Snow is supposed to visit here tomorrow - just hope it misses me I detest the stuff!

Did you break into song, Alan? "Show me the way to go home" Sounds as though you enjoyed a good time with your friends

Loved the links, Bob, and thanks for sharing - I'm having problems as well with Photobucket and I have complained about it

Enjoy a good day all

Take care
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 11:01 AM

Good morning all.
Freezing out there today, a heavy frost too but the sun is shining
I'm still resting, so apart from cooking pork chops for lunch, and reading my new book, that is it for me today.
Have a good day everyone.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 01:30 PM

Good morning fellow members the frost thawed a bit overnight and it has gone warmer. an ominous sign of the coming snow me thinks.

I was in Waitrose at 8.15 and it was packed, I usually have it to myself if I go early. Anyway I quickly got the few things I needed and hurried home .

Have a pleasant day everyone and stay warm...
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 01:45 PM

Good afternoon folks (I'm making a habit of these late posts aren't I?)

Tried out my new Philips coffee machine for the first time this morning and it is BRILLIANT. So much better than the old DeLonghi at, well, everything!

It fills the pot quicker, there are no coffee grounds left at the bottom of my cup, and it has a timer (which I haven't used yet but will sometime).

I'd advise anybody who wants a good quality yet simple to operate coffee machine buy this one, it is truly fantastic.

As you can tell by my lack of sleep deprived poor grammar I've jump started my body with a full pot of VERY strong "Hot Lava Java" coffee from Taylers of Harrogate (I recommend that also, but only if you like very strong coffee) and I now feel like I've had a full nights sleep even though I only got a few hours.

Ah, the wonders of caffeine!!

Going to fire up the car, let her warm up then go out for the papers and see what's happening in the world today.

Whilst I'm out I suppose I'd better go to the local music shop and see if I can get a stylus for my old record player as the one I fitted in November last year has worn out already (that'll teach me for playing my old damaged 78s regularly!) as I noticed some "fuzziness" on the ending of "Running Scared" on one of my mint condition Big 'O' LPs.

I'm thinking of buying one of those £40 record players from the internet and using it primarily for playing my worn out 78s and only playing my 33 1/3s and 45s on my 1960s Ferguson so I'm not replacing needles three times a year.

Anyway, I'd better warm the car up then go and do the aforementioned whilst I remember!

Have a good day folks.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 02:05 PM

Afternoon all. Cold but lovely and sunny here in Essex.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top