Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 11:01 AM

2013 good or bad luck

Hi all ...do you think 2013 is going to bring GOOD or BAD luck ...have you already won the lottery or lost your wallet ....so is it going ok ...well for me it started ok , got a Job interview (jury is still out on that one) money problems eased ....Then the '13' kicked in ...Mum and Dad both fell ill ,( they on the mend) council want a back payment (still arguing that one) ...sky box broke car started making a funny noise and to cap it all off i get a letter telling me i got more sight problems as i have developed Diabetic retinopathy so I am now waiting for an assessment and possible treatment ....all this in 2 weeks ..what will the rest off 2013 bring....lol
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 04:48 PM

Re: 2013 good or bad luck

The year will be fine Steve - no different to any other. Superstitions are a nuisance to say the least, we get hung up on them and cant enjoy life - dont get like that Steve....
Good wishes to you....
Pats
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 05:43 PM

2013 started off badly for me with a friend passing away on the 5th but my third grandchild is due to be born later this year so that balances things out in terms of "luck".
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2013, 06:41 PM

OK just a follow up on the Job interview .....well i didn't happen...It was a telephone interview and was arranged for between 4 and 4:30 this afternoon ..To make sure i didn't forget it was put in my phone diary...i took my phone with me when out ...I took my laptop with me ( I went to dads to clear snow a get his wood in) ......At 2:30 i found a e mail informing me that they had been trying to contact me and as they couldn't they assumed i didn't want the job...well i checked my call logs ..no calls made to me ...my daughter didnt get any at home ...i checked they had the right details on the app form ..they had ....I have phoned them and left 3 messages but they have not contacted me back....I feel so p##d off as that is a second company that have let me down over a interview....never mind i will pester them again tomorrow lol
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2013, 07:52 PM

Sorry to hear about the interview UKmartian. What with one thing and another it doesn't seem a very good start to the New Year for you.
Maybe good, bad and indifferent things just simply happen. I am not sure if I believe in good and bad luck. I think we just have to keep plodding on and try to keep trying - not getting defeated, but just hoping for something positive to happen sooner or later. Best wishes for this New Year. Rena.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

22-01-2013, 09:53 PM

I have got my interview ...I left 3 messages yesterday and phoned again today at just after 9 am .....Strange that the lady who answered said "is that Steve ?"..I hadn't even introduced myself all i done was to ask if she was Christina ......I wonder if this was a test to see how i reacted etc. ....At least i got a telephone interview tomorrow at 10 am...Its only a part time job and a 6 month contract ...but if i get it i will at least be back in business and a foot in the door .....
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 10:10 PM

Hope you are successful Steve Fingers crossed for you.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 10:11 PM

I hope your persistence pays off. Good luck.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 10:14 PM

I hope this is the one for you Steve ..... good luck!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 09:49 PM

How did the telephone interview go yesterday, Steve?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top