Join for free
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2013, 04:36 PM

Clematis for containers and baskets

These look quite good if you don't have the space for a climbing shrub.

http://email.unwins.co.uk/rsps/wlnk/...r/342005/e/176
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2013, 04:40 PM

Re: Clematis for containers and baskets

Oh I do like those, Val .... they would be ideal in my garden. I think I might look into those ...... thanks for the tip
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2013, 04:42 PM

No problem Mags I've ordered a couple for my garden. A little expensive but not too bad. I usually do hanging petunias in my baskets but I thought these would make a change.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2013, 07:19 PM

I've been looking for those for my front baskets.
How clever of you to know Val, thank you
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2013, 07:29 PM

What a good idea, letting them grow down instead of up...I think I'll order a couple for Mrs P as a surprise, I'm sure she will love them...
MrsD
midlands uk
MrsD is female  MrsD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2013, 10:51 PM

I bought a Shrub Clemitis last year, The photo label did look good with plenty of flowers on a nice compact bush , but it never did look like that .... do you think the photos are computer made ? when do you ever see anything that looks like the photos in the cataloges ...
The Dog Lover
Watford

08-01-2013, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by MrsD ->
I bought a Shrub Clemitis last year, The photo label did look good with plenty of flowers on a nice compact bush , but it never did look like that .... do you think the photos are computer made ? when do you ever see anything that looks like the photos in the cataloges ...
I know what you mean MrsD but I can only hope they look reasonable as I have to grow everything in containers in my garden due to its design by the previous owners. We'll see what they do. They are delivered from April onwards so that they can be planted straightaway subject to frosts etc.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2013, 02:17 PM

I've ordered some too...you should get commission or discount from the company Val.
We can all compare our baskets this summer
MrsD
midlands uk
MrsD is female  MrsD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2013, 08:38 PM

im going to wait and see how everyones turns out , so please remember to take photos of them at their best .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2013, 09:16 PM

So which colour/variety is everyone choosing: Bijou, Picardy or Filigree?

This will be my first time at growing Clematis and I'm having difficulty making up my mind which to go for

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top