Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2013, 06:06 PM

My flabber was well and truly gasted!

Stood waiting to purchase my items yesterday at B&M and a woman came rushing in an up to the head of the queue all of a fluster, said something to the cashier who shook her head, and rushed back out again. The cashier then sat on her little stool head shaking in bewilderment. Seems that the womans four year old son - will repeat that in case anyone missed it four year old son had been sitting in the trolley whilst she shopped and had dropped his - wait for it - dropped his Blackberryand it had consequently been left behind, so had anyone handed it in??

Four year old with his own Blackberry? Some parents obviously have much more money than sense
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2013, 06:25 PM

Re: My flabber was well and truly gasted!

Four year old!, well that's one for the books alright.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2013, 06:54 PM

Nothing surprises anymore, did anyone see that picture of Beckham's youngest, sucking on her dummy whilst looking at her ipad? Bizzare.....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2013, 07:55 PM

My two eldest grand children had to wait to go to senior shcool before they were allowed a mobile...my grandson being deaf was able to text his mum if there was a problem..there have been a few and my grandaughter had to ring her mum on the first day..she had missed the school bus home
Young children don't need i pads or Blackberries. Absolutely ridiculous!
Wayne Rooney's boy had a dummy and i pad in a photo too
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2013, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Wayne Rooney's boy had a dummy and i pad in a photo too
My mistake, it was probably Rooney's kid I must have seen....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2013, 09:34 PM

Could have been Barry, but I've seen a photo of Beckham's child with a dummy..quite recently.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2013, 11:49 PM

Some of the wee ones can use the mobiles better than grown ups! But that is young! And a Blackberry at that! What's the parents thinking of!!
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2013, 01:51 AM

Well, he's behind the times if he only has a Blackberry!! Has anyone seen the video clip of the toddler of one or two, frustratedly trying to swipe the pages of a printed magazine in the same way you swipe an ipad or iphone? It's done the rounds of the internet.

A young woman I used to work with bought her five year old an ipad for Christmas with the reasoning that all the other kids have them so I guess it's not that uncommon. Still stupid and unnecessary though.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2013, 10:03 AM

As I think have mentioned my son works at a well known (only one left?) electrical goods store and I told him about the lost Blackberry. He told me that he sold several iPads over the Christmas period to parents purchasing them for 4 and 5 year olds. Best of it was he said on one occasion the couple he was serving had their four year old with them and he (my son that is) gave the child the pad to play with while he chatted to them, within minutes the little boy was playing with it as if he had been born with it in his hand.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2013, 11:46 AM

It never ceases to amaze me how the young ones can handle the new stuff with such ease, I'll bet the next generation won't know how to hold a hammer and nail, probably won't know what they are.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top