Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2013, 11:29 AM

Technology in 2013

I was just reading a speculative article in the Sydney Morning Herald about new technology

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/tec...104-2c8c6.html

The one about Vodaphone is probably peculiar to Australia but I think the rest are applicable world wide. What do you think?

#10 is particularly interesting to Over 50s Forum perhaps?

Interesting times eh?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2013, 11:51 PM

Re: Technology in 2013

I was interested to read about OLED coming to the large screen. This would eliminate the viewing angle problems that LCD screens can suffer from. I wonder if I'll live long enough for the price to come down to an affordable level.

Privacy on the Internet? I'm not sure about that. I wouldn't post anything on the Internet that I didn't want known, nor say anything that I wouldn't be prepared to say face to face. Having said that, it just seems to go against the grain to use my full name. I can't put my finger on why. Maybe it's just the years of habit using only a screen name.
Barclay007
New Member!
Canada
Barclay007 is male 

01-02-2013, 07:54 PM

hmm I like the positive changes in 2013 as you shared in the link that the tv will bigger and clear and smartest. Then the glasses improvement and mobiles flexibility is really positive changes and they will get good importance when they will launch.Good sharing.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 12:21 AM

We just bought a 55" UHD, 3D, LED "frameless" TV (in the sale at a very good price) and the picture is superb. I saw the new $10,000 one on display but will have to wait till we win the lottery for one of those.

The bendy phone is a brilliant idea - my son has broken two screens already by sitting on them!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top