Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 06:22 AM

Happy Thursday Folk

[IMG]
[/IMG]Taken on one of our walks. Did anyone watch David Attenborough's new proramme "Africa" yesterday? There was some remarkable footage of two giraffes having a fight over a female.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 07:58 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk

Good morning Alan and everyone else

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIKdlR9e55M

Dry at the moment but that means nothing here, on the top of the hill looking out to sea they say, if you can see the Isle of Man it is going to rain, if you ca'nt see it it is raining. Mother Natures creature seem happy enough as they are singing quite loudly and it is still dark, they are also eating as though there is no tomorrow.

Plans for today are to relax this morning and visit some friends in the afternoon, lunch will be at some local establishment.
I cashed in a bond yesterday that I took out in 2009, (I was waiting for the 6000 mark), when the stock market dropped drastically to 3830, it was 6032 yesterday so the bond made around 58% interest, the money it would make was promised to my Grand Daughter so her college debts will now be paid off.

What are you looking at

Have a good day everyone and keep breathing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhF-Mqn-HEQ
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 08:59 AM

Good Morning Everyone, what do we have in store today? More rain by the looks of it. Oh well Grin and bear it.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 09:52 AM

Good morning all, mild and overcast here but forecast to brighten up later... The mild weather is a bit of a problem in a way though, my rhubarb is showing signs of life already and has anyone noticed the morning chorus starting with this mild spell? Some of the smaller birds around here are really getting excited, but I fear their hopes may be dashed when the winter returns....

Good advice that Bob about keeping breathing, I recommend it just as much as ensuring that you maintain a pulse....

Off to visit my mother this morning, and then after some of Mrs PM's famous stew and dumplings for lunch we'll walk the dogs for an hour before collapsing into the chair by the fire..

Have a great day folks...

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 10:10 AM

Morning Folk A bit dull, windy and dreich here this morning so far but hope it dries up for walkies with Loki!

Lovely photos Alan and Bob - love the gull, Bob

That is lovely of you, Bob, giving that to your grand daughter and bet a big relief will be heard from her

Great links, Bob, thanks for sharing.

Enjoy your time with your Mum, Barry and your meal sounds yummy

Take care all
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 11:02 AM

Good morning everyone. Lovely seagull just looks like my Sammy the seagull who I feed up on the field with her flock.
The mild weather is also getting the stray Tom cats looking for females as they think its time to mate. Have a great day everyone

p.s. Well done Alan on winning the Christmas photo competition. x
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 11:16 AM

Good morning all, the Sun is trying it's best to come out and it's fairly mild considering the time of year. When I woke up I could have sworn today was Friday, the old body clock gets knocked about something terrible at Christmas and new year time, where the hell are we today..
The wife and daughter will be off gallivanting to the sales so the day is all mine, no doubt I'll find something to amuse myself, even if it's only talking to the dog, he's a great little fella, never answers me back.
Make the best of the day folks.

Spring is not too far away.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 11:50 AM

Good Morning All, A busy day ahead for us. The Laird if off down to Inverness on Business Today so I've a lot of Chores around the Farm to do. Dry, but cloued over, don't think the rain's far away....Enjoy your Day Everyone.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 01:10 PM

Good morning fellow members how lovely to see the sun and no rain for once.
Just back from doing the shopping and glad it is out of the way for another week.

I missed my breakfast so am now heading for an early lunch...
Enjoy your day everyone
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 01:23 PM

Good morning everyone dull with a touch of dampness in the air today, another mild day though.

Shopping done and put away, I reckon I saved about £12 off my shopping as Sainsbury's had loads of bargains on offer today ......almost £2 off large box of Shredded Wheat, £1.49 off a box of Nescafe Cappuccino, £2 off twin pack of Men's Kleenex to name but a few.

I hope all the poorly people are improving...

Enjoy your day folks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top