Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 08:03 AM

Good morning Day one

Good Morning all who visit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVDzwGfNrPs

It is dry at the moment but with a strong icy cold wind.
It is just another day trying to survive for Mother Natures creatures, they do not know it is a New Year dawning, nor do they care I suppose but food will be uppermost on their minds right now.

Plans for today are to clean up after last nights get together with the neighbours who all seem to think my drinks and food were the best and devoured it quite fast. Lunch it at a local establishment with the same Neighbours, who I am pleased to say are footing the bill. The afternoon will be spent quietly with a book or magazine.

Have a great day everyone, I truly hope it will be the start of a great year for you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flvGmVgwkWk
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 08:44 AM

Re: Good morning Day one

Good morning AB and all yet to arrive. Sheila's brother and his wife are coming today for an overnight stay. No doubt much alcohol will be consumed in the next 36 hours !
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 09:43 AM

Good New Morning this 2013.
Going to try and not have a drink today.
They say a change is as good as a rest so my Liver
will be happy
Take care all and have a lovely day.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 09:56 AM

Good morning fellow members, wishing you all a happy and healthy new year

Thank goodness it has stopped raining .Just got back with Chloe from our early walk both caked in mud, Chloe is cleaned and dried off my turn next as I head for the shower .

Enjoy your day everyone
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 10:00 AM

Good morning and a final Happy New Year to all of you members of Over50's....

It's been an awful night with the fireworks terrifying the dogs which prompts them to bark continually, and Mrs. PM is still laid low by a horrid cold unfortunately, so I'm doing the Tuesday cleaning chores while she has returned to her bed for a couple of hours. She's asked me to make a curry for lunch because there's not much else that she can taste at the moment, so I'm doing chicken korma with boiled rice for us a little later..

Enjoy your day folks and hey, like Sandy, why not give your liver a break sometime soon...

Barry
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 11:08 AM

Good morning peeps, a few hangover cures needed this morning?
I waited for the firework at midnight and sure enough it went off with a resounding bang! Got text messages from grandchildren and emails from friends, all wishing us a good year ahead
It is bright and sunny here and we had a few garden catalogues in the post, so after lunch we'll be browsing them I am so looking forward to spring and summer.
Have a great day all.
Jan
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 11:57 AM

Happy 2013 all. We spent new year's eve at home but neighbours who were over at their holiday home came to spend it with us. Most of our friends and neighbours have pets and so stay in their own homes because of the fireworks. On the stroke of midnight the fireworks began, we had the shutters down on windows, turned the TV up loud and left the dogs for some minutes whilst we went up onto the roof to watch the fireworks. It really was amazing, every bar and restaurant had fireworks, the whole of the coastline had fireworks going off, a really incredible sight, the sky was full of sparkle and colour, however the noise was horrendous. Guess who didn't think to take a camera with her? The neighbours with us were absolutely in awe, it was the first time they had been here on new year's eve, they thought it was brilliant. As ever we forgot that come 1 a.m. the fireworks began again, apparently the British over here begin to celebrate again when the new year reaches UK ! ChoCho coped much better this year I think, she only wanted to be calmed and cuddled for a few minutes and didn't spend the whole night under my bed. Muffin couldn't care less, he is quite happy to sit on the steps and watch the fireworks.

Today it is sunny but really quite chilly. We will be going to friends for dinner tonight, other than that it's going to be a "do nothing much" day.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 12:38 PM

Happy New Year tae Yain an' A' an' Lang May Yer Lum Reek

Good Morning Everyone and hope 2013 will be a good year for all

Love the links, Bob, and thank you for sharing them and look forward to them this year

Enjoy a guid day today everyone.

Take care:
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 01:30 PM

Good Morning All, Hope you had a good time with whatever you all got up to last Night lol. It's a lovely Winter's Day here Blue Sky but a Biting Wind. Sea's Rough but I'm getting Dageus used to the Thurso Surfing Waves now, so it's a nice Hoof along the Shore after Lunch.
This is the Horses Trail through The Farm to the Beach that I go down, hopefully it's not going to be too Muddy the Day.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 03:40 PM

Good afternoon all, it's nice and dry here today. I had a great time ringing in the new year last night at my daughters house, all the neighbours came out at the stroke of midnight and wished each other a happy new year, a bit of dancing and singing, it's good to see them doing that in a new neighbourhood.
Well the new year begins and like always I never promise to change anything, give up this, cut out that, climb a mountain or swim an ocean, I'll just have to take whatever comes along.
Ya all have a great year folks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top