Join for free
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 01:14 PM

Sky ripped off

I bought a second hand Sky HD box yesterday ...and it will not work ...I dont blame the seller as he was given it in the first place but didn't use it (he works for a cable company and it is a perk) ..the problem is the ORIGINAL owner has not paid his bill and SKY has blocked the box from being used ...it aint punishing the original owner as he doesn't have the box ..I do. I cannot understand what the problem is they have his details go chase him ..not penalise me ....now i have a useless box ..I am hoping the seller will give me another or my money back....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 05:31 PM

Re: Sky ripped off

Steve that is a nuisance, I hope you manage to sort something out...
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 06:52 PM

I put my angry head on this morning and started posting on sky's face book page after 1/2 doz posts they sent me a link which let me 'pair' our card to the new box that wa after i said a suspected they were doing it to force me to buy a new box and i threatened to leave sky ....the automated page done it within 10 seconds of applying ...just goes to prove it was some stupid jobsworth acting like a bigwig ...so I WON ....LOL
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 10:28 PM

Arn't you meant to have a Card that slides into a slot on the Box before it works? I had to use one with my Virgin Box before I got fed up with the big Monthly Bill and went over to Freeview.
Oopps sorry I didn't read the above post properly
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
I put my angry head on this morning and started posting on sky's face book page after 1/2 doz posts they sent me a link which let me 'pair' our card to the new box that wa after i said a suspected they were doing it to force me to buy a new box and i threatened to leave sky ....the automated page done it within 10 seconds of applying ...just goes to prove it was some stupid jobsworth acting like a bigwig ...so I WON ....LOL
Perhaps this is a sign of better things to come UK. Fingers crossed
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 07:11 AM

I was so disappointed with this tale; I thought Chicken Licken (or is it Henny Penny?) had come true and the sky really had fallen in

Never mind, I am elated that you bested at least one of Murdoch's evil minions.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 10:19 AM

I crossed swords with Sainsburys yesterday. Placed a delivery order with them on Friday for delivery yesterday. One of the items I wanted was washing liquid. I should say here that Sainsburys had failed to deliver this same item to me for the previous two weeks too. When the man arrived and informed me that yet again washing liquid was missing from my list, I wasn't happy to say the least. As I am wont to do, I phoned their customer services and complained. They eventualy connected me to the Product Manager at the Store who informed me that the item I wanted WAS instore and missing it off my list was an error. I then asked when could I expect a delivery and was told within the hour. The delivery man returned with two bottles of washing liquid (FREE OF CHARGE!!!) so it DOES pay to complain!!!
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 02:35 PM

Good stuff Joe.

I rarely use online shopping however, prefer to go into the shop and grab the good deals which are in-store only.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Good stuff Joe.

I rarely use online shopping however, prefer to go into the shop and grab the good deals which are in-store only.
Jim matey, I'm unable to do my shopping the traditional way anymore - firstly I have a walking stick which hinders me using one hand because of the stick. Secondly, due to the arthritis, I cannot carry too much in my one available hand aqs this puts too much strain on my metal hips and knees. I don't have my own transport either, so getting on and off buses with several shopping bags and a walking stick is not that easy either.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top