Join for free
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2012, 07:01 PM

I suppose

The next thing will be valentine cards and Easter eggs
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2012, 11:01 PM

Re: I suppose

Originally Posted by Jean ->
The next thing will be valentine cards and Easter eggs
Indeed it will Jean but at least we will have Summer to look forward to after that, on second thoughts better not speak of 'Summer' too soon after the last one we never had.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 10:06 AM

No, no no, Jean darlin' and Jim matey - you're both wrong - there's an even closer reason to celebrate than February or Easter - there's 'Burns night' (25th January). Well any reason for a good nosh and a couple of alcoholic drinks is good by me.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 10:08 AM

Well said Geoff, with you around who needs an almanac.....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 10:11 AM

Barry I am the font of useless information!!!!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 02:17 PM

Nope, you're all wrong...

Australia Day on 26th Jan (or Invasion Day if you're Aboriginal)

More fireworks and a public holiday on the Monday.

...and my son's ship, HMAS ANZAC, gets back from 6 months deployment in the Gulf on the same day.

Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 02:55 PM

No valentine cards in this house...or easter eggs. Don't get sent or given any.
Will email my cuz in Australia and wish her a happy holiday (now that I know the date of Australia Day) thanks Bruce.
Bet you are looking forward to seeing your son home safe and sound.
Atteq
New Member!
UK
Atteq is female 

29-12-2012, 03:59 PM

I don't do valetine or Easter cards. I wish I didn't do Christmas cards either. Roll on the time when e-cards are the norm.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Atteq ->
I don't do valetine or Easter cards. I wish I didn't do Christmas cards either. Roll on the time when e-cards are the norm.
No, No and definitely No! much as I love electronics, the Internet and have personally never sent either a Valentine's Card or an Easter Card I would hate Christmas or birthdays to be solely marked by an email and an insipid jingle.

Not only that what would kids in hospitals (not to mention the adult volunteers that collect them) do without the cards for craft projects?

Ask yourself, would life be worth living without the prospect of sending or receiving a postcard from some far flung part of the globe?

Keep them cards rolling in folks!
Atteq
New Member!
UK
Atteq is female 

30-12-2012, 09:49 AM

I think cards are a waste of money as they get binned, or recycled, as soon as Christmas is over. Ours are already taken down along with the decorations. I have cut down a lot this this year, if we are never likely to see a person again, and that includes some more distant relatives, what is the point?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top