Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 12:04 PM

Christmas on the computer

I must say I found it incredibly sad the number of people that posted on here on Christmas day.

Surely this is a time for real friends and family not virtual ones!

Even the shops managed to close for Christmas Day so surely you could have left the PC turned off yesterday?
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 12:47 PM

Re: Christmas on the computer

Originally Posted by Elbee ->
I must say I found it incredibly sad the number of people that posted on here on Christmas day.

Even the shops managed to close for Christmas Day so surely you could have left the PC turned off yesterday?
Absolutely not. Being on the PC was the best thing about Christmas Day.
HeatherMK
Milton Keynes, UK
HeatherMK is female  HeatherMK has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 12:54 PM

Well, if Christmas is about being with the people you like then the people on here should surely be included. The people here always have time for each other, ask very little in return and don't discriminate or judge in any major way. Isn't Christmas all about that sort of caring and sharing.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 01:14 PM

Don't be sad for me, I stopped by & also gave my reason to be on the 'puter.
You underestimate the value of our fellow contributors on this site
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 01:28 PM

Elbee you don't take into account those who maybe do not have friends and family with them on Christmas day. Not veryone can be with friends or family, some people have no family and being able to go on the computer and talk to, or post, to "virtual" friends means a great deal to them, the difference in feeling entirely alone or knowing there are "virtual" friends out there who have time for them. Others may pop in to post in between cooking or entertaining, a little bit of time for themselves.

I personally had a very busy day but I still found time to come on the computer to skype a couple of friends who I know were spending Christmas alone and were looking forward to a quick chat with friends who could not be with them. So sad people we are not, it is those who don't give a thought to others who are sad.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 01:49 PM

We had a full house yesterday but if I had got a chance to log in and say hello to everyone here I would have jumped at it, as it was my grandkids were on the computer as they soon bore with adult company. Many Folks on here live alone and enjoy the company of their forum friends, I just hope it doesn't put them off logging on next Christmas day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 02:02 PM

We spent the day at our daughter's yesterday but that didn't mean I didn't think of folk on our forum who live alone, who do not have close relatives ...... and lonely people like Jimbo who sadly lost his wife this year.
I logged in here late last evening when we got home and was pleased to see there had been some members online chatting and enjoying each others company.

I find it sad that people can be so selfcentred that they only think of themselves. One of our members on our sister forum lives with her aged parents, yet she still found time and a caring attitude to go out on a cold Christmas Eve to do a 11.00pm - 3.00am shift at a soup kitchen for the homeless.

It's called Christmas spirit!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 02:41 PM

Elbee as far as many of us are concerned the people we speak to on here daily are our friends just as much as those we meet in real life and no matter how busy we are we can find a moment to write an online note to them.

Some people may be completely alone and are glad of the contact with another person.

I find it 'incredibly sad' that anyone should feel the need to come on here and pass such negative comments about fellow members..
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 03:00 PM

1 do not spend a lot of time any more on the puter I dont post mutch I
will spemnd lots less time on here now life is for living in the real world have a good new year evey one
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 03:08 PM

Well excuse me for breathing!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top