Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 11:30 AM

New camera

Santa brought me a new camera for Christmas, and I've been out in the garden trying it out. I've got a lot to learn, but here's my first attempt - it's taken from about 10 mtrs with a fairly large zoom.

Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 11:56 AM

Re: New camera

I treated myself to a Lumic Tz27. It too has a huge zoom 20x 14MP. It can even do 42 x zoom on some settings.

Very complicated but it can do so much.
The manual which is on a PDF on the computer ( had to print it) is 196 pages long!

I got it before Christmas reduced to £175 from £370 (list price) with a £30 cash back. I had to jump through plenty of hoops to get the cash back.

Happy shooting!
braveheart
Edinburgh
braveheart is male  braveheart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 03:23 PM

Grumblewagon that looks OK, what camera did you get?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 03:35 PM

That's a great photo George, you should be well pleased with Santa's present...
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 03:42 PM

That is lovely, really clear.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 04:11 PM

George a lovely first photograph with your new camera .We will be expecting lots of photographic contributions from you now
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 04:20 PM

It's a Nikon Coolpix L810 16 M.pixels with a 26x zoom. The number of pixels doesn't mean much if the optics aren't good, but this model seems OK.

Taking the photo of the birds was awkward as the seed feeder kept swinging round so the birds just grabbed seeds and flew off. This photo was reduced in size form the original for use on the web, so it's lost a bit of definition.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2012, 03:25 PM

That's a really good snap George, I'm thinking of trading in my Kodak Brownie just as soon as it wears out....
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2012, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
That's a really good snap George, I'm thinking of trading in my Kodak Brownie just as soon as it wears out....
I am holding onto my Kodak Brownie Barry, mum bought it new in 1936, and I still have the manual, with a list of spares and prices in the back of it.
If you really like Photography a good day out is the museum at Bradford.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2012, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Elbee ->
I treated myself to a Lumic Tz27. It too has a huge zoom 20x 14MP. It can even do 42 x zoom on some settings.

Very complicated but it can do so much.
The manual which is on a PDF on the computer ( had to print it) is 196 pages long!
So much for the paperless society

For your next present to yourself buy a Sony eReader then you can put the PDF on to that and read it without having to print it out.

I keep all my manuals on mine, movie camera, still cameras etc my watch manual (changing it to daylight savings always has me buggered) even train and bus timetables.

Even if you have a paper manual most manufacturer websites these days have a PDF version to download. Much easier carrying an eReader about than several manuals and your favourite books.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top