Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2012, 06:49 AM

Happy Sunday Everyone.

[IMG]
[/IMG] I don't know what this bird is called but it's very pretty - taken in Malta. At last we (I) have started to put up the Christmas trimmings, more to do today. PS I can't wait to take them down !
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2012, 09:25 AM

Re: Happy Sunday Everyone.

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
[IMG]
[/IMG] I don't know what this bird is called but it's very pretty - taken in Malta. At last we (I) have started to put up the Christmas trimmings, more to do today. PS I can't wait to take them down !
Dost thou not indulge in the festive and blessed day of the year?? To honor Him and to spend little but gracious moments with loved ones and friends. Rejoice, Sir Allan, and lift up thy heart in praise to the new born Saviour of us all. Have a jolly and propitious day.......cheeriooooo
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2012, 09:35 AM

I'm not a big fan of Christmas these days Marcus. A lot of effort and money and it's over in a flash. The one thing that's nice about it is having my family around me.
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2012, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I'm not a big fan of Christmas these days Marcus. A lot of effort and money and it's over in a flash. The one thing that's nice about it is having my family around me.
I can understand one's reasons for your expression. But, alas, the important item on the menu is: the family and that is what Christmas is all about (mostly). Have a good day Alan and Merry Christmas. Ciao
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2012, 09:52 AM

Good morning to you Alan and Marcus, and to all to follow later on..

Mild and dry here today so not a bad start. Just finished peeling the veg for lunch to go with the chicken and trimmings, and hopefully there will be enough left for bubble and squeak tomorrow.. Out with the dogs shortly for an hour and we may relax with a recorded film this afternoon.

Hope everyone is well this morning, and remember only another 5 days to go until the solstice, after which we are on the up and up towards spring.

I don't mind Christmas, it makes a colourful break in the bleakness of winter, as long as you don't go and spoil it by bringing religion into it....

Enjoy your day folks..

Barry
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA

16-12-2012, 10:07 AM

Well put....Plantman....have a productive day. Tally-hoooo
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2012, 10:09 AM

Morning all. Bright and sunny here in London. Beautiful colour bird. Alan I like Christmas but my Husband hates it, also its a sad time for us, as my Father-in-Law died just two days before Christmas three years ago.
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA

16-12-2012, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Morning all. Bright and sunny here in London. Beautiful colour bird. Alan I like Christmas but my Husband hates it, also its a sad time for us, as my Father-in-Law died just two days before Christmas three years ago.
Yes, Susie.....those memories are difficult...but one must try to enjoy (with family and friends) TODAY.Sorry for the loss but maybe he would want you to observe this time of the year?????????? cya
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2012, 10:22 AM

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.
When you mention the Soltace, thats the 21st December which some
i d i o t has said is the end of the World. No one has mentioned that yet laugh.
Christmas also has mixed emotions for me too. Its my youngest sons birthday Christmas Day. Then my Mum died just after Christmas in 1983 so still think of her at this time. I love the Christmas story although I am not religious but do celebrate it as a family thing.
Have a nice day all and take care
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2012, 11:42 AM

Good morning fellow members and quite a pleasant one too with sun between the showers.
I have got a load of dog towel out on the washing line so hoping to get them dry if the rain holds off.

Hope to do some baking and to tidy the draws in my bedroom , that is the extent of my excitement for today :grin:

Enjoy your day everyone

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top