Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 04:46 PM

How do you keep fit and healthy?

Keeping fit is really important, no matter what age you are - so how do you keep fit and healthy?
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 05:03 PM

Re: How do you keep fit and healthy?

I try to walk as much as I can. I'm planning to buy a treadmill too I'm limited to what exercise I can do though, because of my spinal condition x
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 05:18 PM

A 40 minute (minimum) daily walk with the dog - two downhill and two uphill 'stages'
Serious gardening (allotment)
Pilates
Just got a Wii - am loving it, though not fully versed in it at all yet
Anne
UK
Anne is female  Anne has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 05:28 PM

Go to the gym and walk the dogs a couple of hours a day
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 06:03 PM

Walk the dogs. Two young collies would keep anyone fit

I finally learned to swim a couple of years ago, but have to admit I haven't kept it up. Maybe I wasn't relaxed enough but I always had a sore back afterwards.
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

08-08-2009, 09:56 PM

I have a step machine which I get better with the more I do.

I also dance....... in the privacy of my bedroom with the door shut - it's not a pretty sight....

Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 10:42 PM

I am on the go all day, and walked the dogs twice a day so thats my exercise....
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Vicki ->
I have a step machine which I get better with the more I do.

I also dance....... in the privacy of my bedroom with the door shut - it's not a pretty sight....

Gosh I thought I was on my own dancing in private-I jig along to the radio and also sing at the same time-doesn't look or sound good but who cares-nobody else can see or hear me My other exercise is walking with my girl (dog)-go at least twice a day.
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 12:48 PM

I walk a lot, I have four dogs, 2 I walk together & the others alone, also I walk every day to Town or somewhere just on my own.
I think I eat fairly healthy, I cut out eating any sweets, choc etc about 10 years ago & have not missed it at all...........I cut out eating Bread too about 3 years ago, but do have the occasional slice, also I don't eat red meat.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 03:58 PM

I keep healthy with a rich diet that includes tons of fruits and vegetables. At any given time you'll find cherries, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, cantelope, watermelon and bananas in my apartment. Breakfast this morning was a bowl of mini shredded wheat with fresh blueberries, sliced fresh strawberries and a sliced banana. I sweeten the bowl using Splenda.

For exercise I go hiking while participating in my photography hobby. Waterfalls & lighthouses require long treks up and down steep trails with an occasional bench along the way. It keep me fit and outdoors with nature.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top