Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 05:55 PM

Real or fake?

No, I'm not talking about those crude advertisements that appear every now and then on this forum with women wearing hardly any clothes (which I do not wish to see quite frankly), but rather Christmas trees.

The wife and I have a 7 foot (yes, the ruddy thing is taller than me) fake tree in the traditional colour (white trees? Seriously!?) which I bought new in 1985 and always gets fully done up with baubles (also bought in that year), tinsel (also bought in that year - yes, it's about as thin as a piece of string now but has history so we keep it), fluffy "snow" (you've guessed it, from '85), and fairy lights from 1999.

I have to say I like the tree and it is much more convenient than a real one which would not be convenient with our shag pile carpet.

I remember one year we did buy a real one and the wife was out with the Kirby for hours trying to rid the carpet of needles.

So what do you have? Real or fake tree?
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 06:09 PM

Re: Real or fake?

Fake, also bought in the late 80's, also 7 foot and green too.
Have to use two sets of lights and everything on it is white or silver. The baubles we have added to over the years and for the last few years we have bought glass ones.
We've had real but tho' I love the smell, when they drop
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 06:17 PM

love real ones the best
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 06:19 PM

Very fake. I see no reason to remove part of the enviroment just to satisfy a small need for a couple weeks of the year. There is also the issue of getting it home, planting it, clearing up needles and getting rid of it at the end. I used to have a small one when I was young which used to grow in the garden and dug up every year, which is ok. But these days, my old tree....or glorified pipe-cleaner...has served me well for quite some time and has several year's of life still in it.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 06:31 PM

Glorified pipe cleaner - that made me chuckle
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 06:49 PM

A gree, artificial, fibre-optic tree. Had it for about 15 years and it's still going strong.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 07:28 PM

A green artificial tree, we downsized to a smaller tree a couple of years ago as Cassie cat would shoot up through the middle of the old one and just wouldn't budge from the branches. We have a mixture of ornaments and baubles collected over the years, all colours cos I like a bright tree! Our latest additions to the tree have been a couple of Disney ones which we brought back from Florida two years ago.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

11-12-2012, 07:40 PM

Our cat used to climb up the tree and sit on the top, I know, you couldn't make it up.

Fortunately for the tree the most she does these days is speed walk after a mouse for about 20 seconds before sitting down to catch her breath.

Still, she does good for 18 years old.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 07:46 PM

Fake tree, looks good. Hate pone needles everywhere
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 07:52 PM

Fake, fibre optic, for reasons given here...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top