Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2012, 10:47 AM

Christmas music

Groan, it's that time again. Can't go shopping without bloody Christmas music everywere - and on the radio too.

Now, there are no words in the English language sufficient to describe just how much I LOATHE "Fairy tale of New york".
I can almost set Olympic gold medal sprint records dashing to turn the radio off if it comes on.

At least it's only two weeks till Christmas and then it will all be over. Till then, I've got my Pink Floyd, Yes, Wishbone Ash, Queen etc. CDs and vinyl to get me through.

Christmas music - Bah Humbug!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2012, 02:15 PM

Re: Christmas music

I do agree although Fairy Tale of New York is my favourite. In reception in my office building they play non stop xmas songs. It must drive the security guards crazy. Luckily I am on the 5th floor so only hear it when I go in and out.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2012, 09:27 PM

George do as I do..
stay out of the shops ,
listen to radio 4 then you won't have to suffer it
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2012, 11:18 PM

I also loathe Fairy Tale of New York, and I hate Christmas "songs" in general, but I don't mind Christmas carols.

Another one that sends me running to the hills is that nauseaus Here It Is Merry Christmas! Grrrrrr!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 12:03 AM

It doesn't bother me, it's only once a year.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 03:19 AM

I must admit I have never heard of Fairy Tale of New York but as Alicat says its only once a year. Don't like carols but Christmas Songs are fun.

I enjoy Christmas... the sun, the surf, presents, mince pies, the BBQ... great...
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 11:33 AM

I love the pouges love that so g but not my fav my fave i little drummer boy by davd bowey
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 02:35 PM

Oh how I despise Christmas music! The hits that is, I do like the classical Christmas songs sung by choirs, they are quite good.

The only two people who I can stand singing Christmas songs is Nat 'King' Cole and Frank Sinatra. All others make my ears bleed.

Suffice to say my Roy Orbison, Elvis Presley, Don Williams et al LPs will be getting good use this Christmas season.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 04:17 PM

This used to get on wick too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qudi6JqE-M
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 07:16 PM

Me too, but my mum and dad absolutely loved it!
I'm not a big fan of Christmas Music, but I do love Fairy Tale of New York (and everything else by the Pogues for that matter!).
Any Christmas song containing these seasonal lyrics is all right with me:

"You´re a bum you´re a punk
You´re an old slut on junk
Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
You scumbag you maggot
You cheap lousy faggot
Happy Christmas your arse I pray god it´s our last!"

Mick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top