Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 05:49 AM

Happy Wednesday Folk.

[IMG]
[/IMG] Taken on one of our walks. My middle child's birthday today and he's in Goa. He's 52 today...........how come my children are so old when they were born only a few years ago !
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 09:58 AM

Re: Happy Wednesday Folk.

Good morning Alan and to all who visit later...

Cold here at -2 degC but the sun is up and the forecast is dry. Off into town this morning to road test the new bus pass, they've recently re-routed the bus service so that it now passes by our front door once an hour, so it's quite convenient by not having to carry bags a long way...

I agree Alan, how strange that the kids are now middle aged...when did that happen..

Have a good day folks..

Barry
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 10:22 AM

Good morning all, from a white Essex (well my bit is)
We only have about an inch of snow, so I don't think it will be around for long. Enough to close Stanstead
Waiting for weekly shop, then some daily chores and lists to write...it's the season for lists, isn' it?
My children say they are in their 40's I think they are confused.
Hope you all have a good day.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 10:48 AM

Good morning folks.

I hope your son has a great birthday Alan, incidentally it would have been my son's birthday today as well.

He would have been 40.

It's been 24 years since he died and God only knows what I'd give to spend one more day with him, but that cannot be.

I shall go to his grave side later this morning and try to find some words to say, I never manage though, partly because I feel silly talking to a headstone and partly because I don't know what to say. What do I say? Happy birthday? I really don't know.

Something will come I'm sure.

Whoever said time is a great healer obviously never lost a child. The pain is just as intense today as it was when he died, more so perhaps because of what he could have become by now, the children of his own he may have had.

Anyway, enough feeling sorry for myself, I just needed to get that off my chest and my wife's gone to work so I'm sitting here alone getting morbid I suppose.

Never take a life for granted, you never know when it may end.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 10:58 AM

Good morning from a snowy Essex. The wood behind me this am.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 11:01 AM

It's having emotional feelings what makes us human OB- and thank goodness for that.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 11:08 AM

Some days I wish I was a machine with no emotions, no regrets, no sadness, that makes me an awful person I know but sometimes I just want it all to go away.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 11:25 AM

Morning Folk Weather so cold and now the snow on the pavements are just a sheet of ice! I need a pair of skis!! The council can send round 4 men with a motor to lift papers and other bits of rubbish up, yet can't clear the pavements!

Lovely photos folk Thanks for sharing.

Hope you all have a good day today.

Take care.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Some days I wish I was a machine with no emotions, no regrets, no sadness, that makes me an awful person I know but sometimes I just want it all to go away.
OB, a big hug is on its way to you (((hug))).

It is such an emotional day for you, I just cannot imagine the pain and feelings you must be going through. You will find the right words at your son's graveside as he is forever in your heart.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 01:23 PM

A late good morning to all!

A cloudless sunny day here but oh so cold! I had a bit of shopping to do for my daughter earlier and I was glad to get back home in the warm again. The washing I put out on the line earlier is blowing steadily in the breeze so hopefully it will dry a little.

Gosh Ron, that looks cold where you are! A very pretty picture though....

Stay safe, keep warm and enjoy your day everyone!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top