Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 04:17 PM

Am I a fool to still buy the "Real McCoy"?

There are so many cheaper imitations of products these days but I still use Bic pens, Sellotape sticky tape, Motorola mobile phone, Crock-Pot slow cooker, Coca-Cola, Elastoplast plasters, Kleenex tissues, Post-It sticky notes etc...

Maybe I'm just sad and I should buy cheaper products but I've always felt better buying the "real deal" to keep the original/leading manufacturers going, which is silly as me alone buying them won't keep them going - But it helps me sleep at night.

Am I the only one?
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 04:27 PM

Re: Am I a fool to still buy the "Real McCoy"?

Probably Jim
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 06:34 PM

If you can afford the real thing Jim I don't see why you shouldn't get it, after all you get what you pay for...quality don't come cheap.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 07:11 PM

Hello Jem, tis annie! Can you find a place in your heart for this old woman!.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 07:21 PM

You're back! If you don't mind me prying, what was the cause for your departure?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Hi Annie, jolly good to see you back....

I don't mind buying some generic stuff and supermarket own brands, but some things are sacred indeed, such as Marmite and HP Sauce, when only the original is good enough...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Ah!, so there you are, you had the heart cross ways on me, what are you up to...never mind, It's great to hear from you again, I hope are you keeping well and don't be bunkin' off so quickly again.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

02-12-2012, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Hi Annie, jolly good to see you back....

I don't mind buying some generic stuff and supermarket own brands, but some things are sacred indeed, such as Marmite and HP Sauce, when only the original is good enough...
I forgot about HP sauce! I do love some "broon sauce" as us Scots pronounce it with my fry up.

That just put me right in the mood of a fry up now but I've just eaten a three course meal. It's a wonder I've only had four heart attacks
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 11:55 PM

I think in some instances the real think is better
Sometimes the real thing doesn't live up to expectations. I rarely eat chocolate but my Grandson gave me a Smartie the other day and it tasted disgusting , like cheap chocolate.
Likewise with Kitkat when someone gave me a piece. I don't know what they have done to them..
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2012, 10:16 AM

I am not really fussy about brand names but my son wont have any vinegar unless its Sarsons
I also get HP Brown Sauce and he likes his Ketchup and Heinz Salad cream.
I buy any tissues as once you have blown your nose on them it doesnt matter about the brand

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top