Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 12:48 PM

Christmas markets..

Keep a place at the table for me....

Bags are packed and we're heading off to Germany for a week.
Going to Mainz / Wiesbaden / Rudesheim for a break and a look at the markets. We usually go to Hamburg which has a great market and isn't too touristy so this will be a change.

We lived there many years ago and visit occasionally, though not at Christmas. We can fly direct from Aberdeen with Lufthansa and get the S-Bahn from the airport to within about 200mtrs of our hotel.

I'll try to post some photos when we return.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 02:40 PM

Re: Christmas markets..

I hope you and your wife have a lovely time, George

Will be looking forward to your photos on your return...

Safe journey to you!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 03:03 PM

Very nice George. We've had lots of holidays in Germany and have always enjoyed it............apart from the rain !
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 08:32 PM

I hope you enjoy it.
We have been to the German Market in Manchester city centre today. Brilliant. But sooooo cold.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 09:12 PM

I wanted to book a coach trip to tour the German and Austrian Christmas Markets. Prices were quite reasonable, but due to circumstances beyond my control, it isn't going to happen.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 12:37 AM

Have a lovely time George wrap up well it looks like being cold...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 10:00 AM

Happy hols George, look forward to seeing your photos when you get back...
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 01:32 PM

I made the mistake of not taking my camera. Still the market is not too far from where I live, so I might take another trip.

I want to buy some sausages and cheeses for my Christmas Eve Buffett. They certainly have a great variety.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I made the mistake of not taking my camera. Still the market is not too far from where I live, so I might take another trip.

I want to buy some sausages and cheeses for my Christmas Eve Buffett. They certainly have a great variety.
whereabouts is it and do you know if the Metrolink runs nearby please
mesco m
manchester

29-11-2012, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
whereabouts is it and do you know if the Metrolink runs nearby please
It starts where the Manchester eye was and runs through a few streets and the main part is in front of the town hall.

You can use the Metro link, you need the stop in front of the Arndale Centre to get you closest to it.

It's worth a visit, it will put you into a Christmas mood.
The goods on offer are not the cheapest but a lot are quite unique.
There are lots of stalls offering all kinds of tempting foods and the smells are mouthwatering. Anything from a hog roast roll to a banana and chocolate crepe.
And the street musicians and buskers are fantastic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top