Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2012, 01:20 PM

Thinking differently might help

Yesterday was really the beginning of the rest of my life. Bit dramatic, but I decided to make some changes. First of all I am going to become a member of UKIP my mind was made up after seeing how a Labour council had removed black kids from the home of white foster parents because they were members of UKIP and therefore could be racist. I am sick to death of people throwing the word racist at anyone who talks about immigration. It all started with Enoch Powell and is still going strong. 29m Bulgarians and Rumanians will be free to enter Britain next year and the place is already full. However you mention this and some bloodly idiot calls you a racist

My second decision was not to buy coffee from Starbucks but to buy from small local cafes who pay corporation tax. I will not be buying from Amazon (which I shall miss big time) and I want a list of companies who fiddle their books so they don't pay corporation tax to be released to the public so that I can stop using them. However, you can't go too far wrong if you shop locally at your smaller shops.

The next decision I made was to write to the PM about Sgt. Nightingale who has been banged up for 18 months for owning a gun he forgot he had. The story is long so I will put a link to it so you may read it and cry yourself.

I have left this country twice to live abroad and have come home because I miss the people, the humour and just being here, however, I can feel that I am getting itchy feet again cos just lately there is so much wrong going on with police corruption, MP corruption and old people being beaten to death.

The world is changing so I shall stay here but I will be making some changes to the way I think.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeeh...d-sas-soldier/
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2012, 01:30 PM

Re: Thinking differently might help

A superb post Cate and I may I say I am in complete agreement with you on all of the above.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2012, 02:26 PM

Me too, Barry.
I'm thinking of joining UKIP too Cate.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2012, 03:58 PM

Dont think these children where Black they where from a East Euro family.

Think this makes it a lot worse and shows up these leftie P/C twits for what they are.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2012, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
A superb post Cate and may I say I am in complete agreement with you on all of the above.
I'll second that
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2012, 11:47 PM

I'm glad you all agree maybe UKIP won't get in and Sgt Nightingale may still be in prison and not see his girls this Christmas. Maybe the high street where you live will lose all the shops, the butchers, the bakers, the greengrocers because we didn't use em enough and they have to pay a lot of corporation taxes but if we think about things a little differently maybe we can make a little dent in the badness of it all.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 07:56 AM

Here here Cate, I's with you.
Like you say if we dont use them we will lose them like a lot of the post offices that we have lost.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 11:02 AM

I am with you Cate on the UKIP party. I probably won't join them but will vote for them next time around for sure. I'm afraid I won't be vetoing Amazon though as they are my no 1 shop. I don't agree with the tax thing but they do too much good stuff for me to walk away from them. Excellent post though.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 11:26 AM

Like most people I had no idea that these very large businesses were avoiding tax, and like you Val, I use Amazon quite a lot. Having said that I will certainly be looking for alternatives now though....
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 12:33 PM

While I agree with much of what you say, not everyone can afford to take a totally 'moral stand'. Not many people will stop buying coffee in Starbucks or ordering goods from Amazon just because they are creative in their accounting!

At least the high street shops do pretty well here as they offer much better quality and value than the supermarkets.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top