Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 11:28 AM

PUb Quizzes. are they your cup of tea?

I used to go to a lot of these but have not been to one for a while. However I took part in one last night and came second , which my team were moderately pleased. MUst remember that it's not the winning that counts but "THe taking part"

I was a little concerned at the number of mobile phones being fingered. Were they texting or looking up the answers.

IN passing I remember one evening when I took part in one a while back, having been drafted in at the last minute, soon to discover that it was a one man show & I was just there to make up numbers. THis loud bloke kept the answer sheet in his mitt and insisted on putting down HIS answers, regardless of what the rest of us thought.
THen, he wavered on one & looked at me for inspiration.

"TRUST me " I said " I know the answer"
Turned out I was wrong,

Ah such is life.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 11:48 AM

Re: PUb Quizzes. are they your cup of tea?

Quizzes I like Pubs and people, no thank you..
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 11:57 AM

Pubs and people I like - quizzes NO!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Quizzes I like Pubs and people, no thank you..
Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Pubs and people I like - quizzes NO!
We would make one whole person between us Alan
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 12:05 PM

You're a gem Meg !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 12:33 PM

I honestly don't know why they continue with them when everyone has a mobile phone to access the answers, It's quite a few years since I was on a quiz team, never won anything but I did enjoy it, some of the people took it very seriously and got sulky if their answer was not accepted as gospel by the other team members, I especially enjoyed the nights when that happened.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 12:40 PM

You are a contrary lot!
Caedmon
Hull, England
Caedmon is male  Caedmon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 02:19 PM

I have set quizzes in pubs and been on various tv quiz shows - quite successfully - but I won't ever enter a pub quiz again - cheating is too rife.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Caedmon ->
I have set quizzes in pubs and been on various tv quiz shows - quite successfully - but I won't ever enter a pub quiz again - cheating is too rife.
That's interesting Rick, I love watching TV Quiz shows - which ones have you been on?
Caedmon
Hull, England
Caedmon is male  Caedmon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 03:26 PM

Weakest Link (winner) 15-1 (runner up) Countdown (total fail ) Pointless (winner) Wheel of Fortune (best forgotten)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top