Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 06:02 AM

Happy Friday Everyone.

[IMG]
[/IMG] Taken on lake Maggiore, Italy. Aren't today's partnerships different ? My daughter has had the same (male) partner for over 25 years and they are very much in love. While on a recent holiday he asked her to marry him. She agreed to getting engaged but said that she wouldn't marry him as she preferred things as they were. So, at least for the time being, that's how things stand. He has his house and she has her flat. They very often stay at each other's homes but also stay on their own in their own homes. I suppose that way they don't get fed up being together all the time. Just one regret, I would have loved to have been the proud father walking her down the aisle !
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 08:48 AM

Re: Happy Friday Everyone.

Morning everyone, calmer weather this morning with a decent forecast. Hope everyone survived the gales and floods yesterday...

Just off to Tesco to do the major shop and we'll be walking the dogs when we get back after coffee. Visiting friends this afternoon and trying to do some serious relaxing in between everything else..

Yes Alan I know what you mean. Modern relationships are certainly different to our ways, but if they are happy then I suppose that's all that matters...

Have a great day folks..

Barry
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 09:35 AM

It's a beautiful day here, bright, sunny and getting warmer and warmer, not normal November weather at all, but I'm not complaining. The workmen should be here very soon to finish off the newly installed patio door in this room and finish connecting pipes to radiators, boiler and whatever it is they have to do to these things.

Your daughter seems to have an ideal arrangement Alan, a bolt hole when needed and "space". If she is happy and the arrangement works then that is good. Have a nice day all.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 10:26 AM

Morning all. Bright and sunny here, going to be bad weather at the weekend though. Must go out tomorrow and try and buy some christmas presents and cards.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 10:37 AM

Good morning everyone, still here after the storm, another one on the way at the weekend. How nice for us.
Hope everyone is OK. Off to Derby today as the Brian Clough Way is not flooded now. Lovely sunny day here so hoping it stays like that all day.
Anyone watching Masterchef the Professionals. Find it a very interesting programme as I am not the greatest cook in the World. It certainly inspired me to go a bit further in cooking things. My sons joke is you could go on that Mum. Beans on toast with the extra cheese on it
Have a good day all.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 11:00 AM

Good Morning Folk Much brighter looking outside so far, still damp underfoot but nice to look out and not see the rain!! The gardens are all like swamps here!

Oh Alan that wee bit of paper sometimes upsets the apple cart! I have friends who lived together very happily for many years, then decided to marry - the following year they were in for a divorce! So perhaps your daughter has the right idea! As long as they are happy, who needs a bit of paper!!

That's a really lovely photo and thanks for sharing!

Hope you all enjoy a good day today.

Take care and stay safe
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 11:21 AM

Good morning everybody. Same here, a much calmer day than yesterday. Gave Bonnie a short walk around village just now and lots of water in fields. Saw two herons in one of them as well.

Alan I don't blame your daughter for liking things the way they are now, I was with my ex for nearly 10 years and he whisked me away to Dublin and proposed on halfpenny bridge but alas after a few months of marriage it was all over

Anyhow I've not got anything exciting planned for the day, just usual office stuff and dogs to walk.

Outside Carlisle railway station last night

Enjoy your day
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 11:44 AM

Happy Friday Everyone.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 11:47 AM

Good morning fellow members from a very wet Worcestershire and what a lovely sunny morning after all the rain.

Washing is on the line, kitchen floor washed, more cleaning to do then off to do a spot of baby sitting.

Stay safe everyone and have a pleasant day..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 11:57 AM

Good morning all, a lovely day today after all the rain yesterday. Well the wife agreed to give me next week off so I'll be off to Cork for a trade fair Tuesday and Wednesday, then the rest of the week will be spent with an old friend who lives well outside Cork City, nice and quiet there, just what I need before all the Christmas hassle.
That's great your Daughter and her chap are happy together Alan, that's what it's all about really.
Have a nice weekend folks.

Good old San Francisco.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top