Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2012, 06:13 AM

Happy Saturday Folk.

The river Neckar as it passes through Rottenberg in Germany. I couldn't get to my photos on Photobucket this morning so I had to use one from my album on this site. That's the first time I've had trouble with Photobucket.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2012, 08:00 AM

Re: Happy Saturday Folk.

Good morning Alan and all OFFers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUFqxOtFGZc

It is a typical November day, Dark, Cold and overcast yet Mother Natures creatures are out searching for their breakfast and mother Vixen was heard crying from across the woods.

Sorry for being AWOL but I feel the last few days have been the worst in my life.

I was very listless, no sneezes, no coughing, no aches and pains no headaches just fatigue, I even found eating food was a burden, lifting myself off the chair took a great effort, anyway she who must be obeyed thinking it was the heart, got the quack and he said it was a virus and to keep warm to try to sweat it out of me.
Thursday I went to bed earlier than I have ever been(9:30pm), I awoke at 11:45 and thought someone had poured a bucket of water over me, I got up and went for a shower whilst She who must be obeyed change the sheets and covers, back to bed to awake at 5:30 feeling 1000 times better but with a cough. Friday was spent doing small correspondence jobs that I had neglected, today it is as if nothing had ever happened except for a cough which irritating me to death.

I would not wish those last few days on my worst enemy.

So, plans for today are to just suck it and see.

I can not get into Photobucket today either Alan.

Have a great day everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU-QExgydz0
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2012, 08:19 AM

Good morning Alan and AntiBrown. Bad virus there Hope you feel alot better soon. They normally have names for these virus dont know the one for that. There are some good cough mixtures around nowadays. Tickle, dry, rasping, chest ones. You name it they have it.
Weather wet and dull at the moment. Rained all night here.
Hope everyone has a nice Saturday. Take care all
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2012, 09:10 AM

Good morning to all of you on this very wet morning in Sherwood.

No plans other than a visit to my Mum this morning, smoked haddock and poached eggs for lunch and then the afternoon in front of the fire with a book...perfect..

Sorry to hear of the virus Bob, hope it clears quickly for you...

Have a great day folks

Barry
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2012, 10:23 AM

Good Morning from me and Good Morning from a couple of Hairies

Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2012, 10:30 AM

Morning Folk Dull, damp and dreich again this morning, quite raw outside as well!

I can't get photos to show on Photobucket either - wouldn't let me revert to the old Photobucket, although I tried!!

Lovely photo Alan. And, Roxy, your dogs are gorgeous - that's a stunning photo of them. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the links, Bob, and sorry to hear you have a virus - a glass of the hard stuff is what you need to sweat it out of you!! Maybe a couple - Crawfords 5 Star!! Hope you feel better soon. Healing thoughts to you.

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2012, 10:40 AM

Good morning all.
Another dark and murky day here too.
The garden is full of birds, flying hither and thither between the feeders.
I'm sorry to hear of the virus Bob, wish you better soon.
Nothing planned for today, except to telephone hubby's brother later. The poor devil was rushed back into hospital Thursday night and had surgery yesterday for abscesses in the colon area. He has been in awful pain for weeks, on morphine too!
Beautiful piccies of the dogs, Rox
I wish everyone a peaceful and enjoyable day.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2012, 11:51 AM

Good morning fellow members cold and grey again here today.

I have bought a load of meat to do more cooking for the freezer and I still have to make another batch of bread and gingerbread men so that should keep me of of mischief as they say

I heard on the radio this morning that we are in for the coldest winter for 100 years ....brrrrr. So it seems a good idea to stock up a bit .

Have an enjoyable day everyone..
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2012, 12:29 PM

Good morning everyone and what a lovely one it is too, complete contrast to yesterday. The sun is shining and lots of blue sky around. Just up my street

Walked Bonnie on the marsh this morning together with my neighbour's dog, so that's my good deed of the day No specific plans for today, but really must get on with some chores.

Sorry to hear you've had a virus AB it sounds awful. There seems to be a lot of people getting laid low at the moment with a virus. Hope your brother in law is ok Janela.

I'm one of the lucky ones as I 've managed to get into photobucket! Love your photo Alan and Roxy your's of the two hairies is fantastic Here's one I took yesterday of Bonnie after I'd met a new customer. We were actually nr Ullswater but visibility was very poor and Bonnie was the prettiest thing around

Enjoy the rest of the day
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2012, 01:43 PM

Hello everyonedamp and dreary again today.

I've had a toothache on and off for the past week and it's playing up again today so I think the time has come for me to make an appointment with the dentist I was hoping to hang on until January when my regular check up is due but what with Christmas coming, I don't think I should take any risks

Sorry to hear you have been laid up with a virus Bob, sounds like it was a nasty one too. I hope you'll feel better soon.

Janela, I hope your BIL recovers quickly from his surgery, that must have been very painful for him

Enjoy your day folks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top