Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2012, 04:40 PM

What a Shame.

I know most are Fed up to the Back Teeth hearing about JS. but REALLY.......Is there any need for this to Happen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...lands-20310241
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2012, 05:18 PM

Re: What a Shame.

Its almost as disgusting as he is.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2012, 05:39 PM

As I said before I think demolition is the only option, who would really feel comfortable being in that house knowing "what" lived there?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2012, 05:45 PM

Unfortunately, Roxy I think this is what may have to happen. - The property could eventually be demolished because some people will not leave it alone and who would want to buy or and be associated with it. It now seems tainted and it is ridiculous because the cottage is beautiful and I know it is only bricks and mortar, but as the news item says it is now another focus for the way people are feeling about Jimmy Savile. It's the fact that it was his cottage that some people will only see and will vent their feelings on it. It is moronic, but some people can't rationalise - they react in a blind unthnking way because maybe the violence they take out on the cottage somehow gives them a sort of release - or maybe some will join in just because they like wrecking things. People are very sad sometimes.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2012, 05:57 PM

They had to demolish Fred West's house a few years ago, these places will always attract ghouls and be seen by others as inherently evil in their own right. Personally I agree it's a beautiful house, but I really wouldn't want to live there after what has happened, would you....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2012, 07:02 PM

No I guess Not Plantman....It's just I know Glencoe so well as I used to spend a lot of time up there, and it just upsets me that one of the Lovely Wee homes have to be Demolished because it's Owner was a Creep. I know that Cottage Well and I used to be a Wee bit Envious of whoever had the Good Fortune to own it and live in a Breathtaking Place like The Coe. I'd no Idea it was Himself who Owned it....That came as a Shock when I found out.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2012, 07:24 PM

Yes it is a shame to pull down a cottage but I think it would have something not right about it after all. I think houses always contain a bit of the people who live in them and usually its nice but who really knows what went on there and who suffered.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2012, 10:19 PM

I think it is a shame to demolish it too.
But I'm persuaded now after reading comments here, that it may be the best thing to happen.
I agree that houses leave a little of the people who lived there annie. We have a house very near us, that has had lots of residents. Very odd that everyone who has lived there has been unhappy, argumentative or just weird. We all call it the 'unhappy house' - but it's just brick and mortar!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2012, 12:04 AM

It's a crying shame to demolish such a fine cottage, but I think it's the only thing to do, leave no trace of the building and nature will blend it back into the lovely surroundings, if not it will always be associated with the beast who lived there.

We still have the remains of the notorious "Hellfire Club"in the Dublin Mountains, built in the eighteenth century on a sacred stone age site, the young bucks who built it said it was as a hunting lodge, in fact it was for devil worship and sex orgies, Savile would have been at home there. It stands as a reminder of how the privileged and protected literally got away with murder, and it was all covered up, seems like nothing changes.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2012, 01:17 AM

I don't think it should be demolished - disgraceful if it is. Passed by it many a time (if it's the same one I am thinking of). Perhaps putting in a couple of caretakers until it all blows over. I think folk are panicking.

Wonder if it could be taken down brick by brick and rebuilt somewhere else where vandals wouldn't know.

Thanks Roxy for the link.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top