Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2012, 04:31 PM

Music Playing

I'm finding it more and more irritating trying to hear the spoken word in films when music is playing in the background most of the time. I know I'm getting a bit mutt and jeff but putting the sound up only makes the music louder....or is it just me?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2012, 04:36 PM

Re: Music Playing

It's not You....It can be Annoying when it's played too loud to hear the Voices Properly. My Bitch about Music is going out for a Meal to be Blasted with so called Background Music so loud you can't hear what your Dinner Companion is saying. We've walked out of Places like that and made no Bones about Why, when asked why we are leaving........Humphhh
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2012, 06:58 PM

My gripe is the unnecessary music played during documentaries, when sometimes you cannot hear what is being said because of it, and other times when the natural background noise of the scene would be complimentary enough in itself...
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2012, 08:27 PM

I agree with all music too loud and unnecessary, either do away with voices or music.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2012, 09:35 PM

Friday I'm going to see this lady live Beth Hart - Sister HeroineThis is a song she wrote about her sister who died young.
Tonight I went to the pub to watch the football, no sound on telly but a dance CD was playing.!!!!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2012, 12:40 AM

I've always been a film fan but the music they play on some of the more recent films drives me bonkers, it comes in so loud that you have to dive for the zapper before your eardrums burst, then when the actors start to talk you have to higher it up again because you can't hear a word.
Then my pet hate at the moment, playing the adverts much higher than the program thats on, I zap it right down to zero and I'm sure everybody else does too, cop on advertisers, get on to the TV companies to level it out, don't you want your message heard?, after all that's what your paying them for, not to make us all deaf.
HeatherMK
Milton Keynes, UK
HeatherMK is female  HeatherMK has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2012, 02:07 AM

I have students living either side of me. 'Nuff said?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2012, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by HeatherMK ->
I have students living either side of me. 'Nuff said?
Been there, done that and bought the 'T' shirt Heather darlin'.

My advice to you is place the 'phone number of your local Council's Environmental Health Office on 'speed dial'. If these 'students' persist in making too much noise, the Noise abatement team of the Council's Environmental Health Office have the power, under the Control of Pollution Act 1990 to enter the premises and confiscate any noise making equipment. In addition, you are entitled to issue proceedings in the Magistrates Court and then the local County Court and seek 'damages' from these recalcitrant students.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2012, 08:34 PM

We got a boy racer down the road from us ...I am not exaggerating but i know when he is coming home ..Firstly my windows vibrate ...seconds later i HEAR the music ..then i see him drive past ...slowly ..windows open ..music base making everything rattle...how does he drive like it ....????
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2012, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
We got a boy racer down the road from us ...I am not exaggerating but i know when he is coming home ..Firstly my windows vibrate ...seconds later i HEAR the music ..then i see him drive past ...slowly ..windows open ..music base making everything rattle...how does he drive like it ....????
Steve matey, I presume you know how to toss stones??? - nonchalently stand in your front garden and toss a few through his open window. It will ensure that when he passes your place in future, the cab window will be firmly shut.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top