Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 06:09 AM

Happy Saturday Folk.

[IMG]
[/IMG] Taken at Nene park, Peterborough, last spring. Went for a walk around one of our favourite lakes yesterday but couldn't get round as the paths were flooded.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 07:53 AM

Re: Happy Saturday Folk.

Good morning Alan and everyone who has arisen and dragged themselves here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdTg9...eature=related

Dry again here but a cool wind blowing which makes it feel a lot colder.Mother Natures creatures are out in force this morning, Rabbits running around the field near the farm, Two Owls talking to each other across the woods, the cry of a Vixen from the dark and the hedgerow is filled with Sparrows, Blackbirds,Rooks, Robins, Even a Chaffinch was seen all searching for food.

Plans for today are a quick tidy up after last nights 'quiz night' with friends before another visitor arrives. An old work colleague who lost her husband recently is coming with us for lunch at some local establishment. We will probably spend the rest of the day reminiscing in the company of Mrs Baily and Napoleon.

Hey! are you coming or not??

Have a great day everyone and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opm1zuEHZUU
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 08:58 AM

Good Morning Alan and Antibrown and everyone else

A lovely photo as usual Alan.

Sounds like your quiz night was good fun last night Antibrown. Enjoy today with your old work colleague. Lovely photo of the sheep .

Were just chilling out. I've got my flu jab today and a Internet shop coming. Exciting stuff aye

Have a lovely Saturday All of you
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 09:12 AM

Good morning to everyone, mild here today after overnight rain.

Just a few odd jobs and chopping some sticks this morning and I'm doing a curry for lunch before taking the dogs out to the forest. Visiting my Mum later, who has got to rest up for a week after having a cyst removed from her big toe yesterday. She is still amazingly active for her age so the "week off" from her social activities will drive her crazy I've no doubt....
We may have to take her out and spoil her a little next week methinks..

Have an enjoyable day folks.

Barry
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 10:25 AM

Good morning all.
Grey, drizzly and murky here. A day for staying in and doing nowt.
Enjoyed the pics and links, thanks.
Have a good day everyone.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 10:41 AM

Good morning everyone. Nice to see you all and the lovely photos.
Havent tried yet Alan to get one on but thanks for the advice.
Only bird I have seen this morning was a male blackbird up in a tree next door with my friends ginger cat Harry after it. Didnt of course catch it. Watched Harry struggling when he got so far and flew off
Dark, dank day here too in Nottinghamshire. Did I miss the Summer???
Going for a 2 bus there and 2 buses back ride today. Should get me where I am going to the bingo. Like going Saturdays as its more money.
Everyone enjoy your day and hope its a good one.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 11:35 AM

The Squinty Bridge (or The Arc Bridge), Glasgow (I didn't take that photo)

Good Morning Folk Heavy rain and awfy windy so far this morning.

Hope you all enjoy a good day today.

Lovely photos, Alan, lovely to see the Bluebells; and Bob - love the sheep in your photo - and the links, thanks for sharing.

Hope your visitor, Bob, and you and your wife have a lovely chat and meal.

Take care all and stay safe
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 01:31 PM

Good morning fellow members a bit damp here but there is a glimmer of promise for a bit of sun later.

Chloe walked and porridge eaten I am going to make a batch of bread rolls this morning and catch up on some housework though it is tempting to sit here and do nothing else all day

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you decide to do
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 01:54 PM

Good afternoon all, dry out so far today and cold too. I have the two boys down with me early today, Sean (13) is taller than me now, amazing how the years fly by, Liam (12) is catching up on him quickly, there is a bit of a sulk going on between the pair of them at the moment, don't know what it's about and it's none of my business anyway, I might put up a thread about sulking, It's so long since I had a good sulk that I can't remember when it was. Great photo's people.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend Folks.

I'm sorry I don't know where this place is but what matter, it's nice to look at just the same.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 05:55 PM

Afternoon All, Been Laid up with a Flu Bug the last wee while and the Internet was not something I felt like using.

That's Eilean Donan Castle Jemflux.
As one of the most iconic images of Scotland, Eilean Donan is recognised all around the world. Situated on an island at the point where three great sea lochs meet, and surrounded by some majestic scenery, it is little wonder that the castle is now one of the most visited and important attractions in the Scottish highlands.

Although first inhabited around the 6th century, the first fortified castle was built in the mid 13th century and stood guard over the lands of Kintail. Since then, at least four different versions of the castle have been built and re-built as the feudal history of Scotland unfolded through the centuries.

Partially destroyed in a Jacobite uprising in 1719, Eilean Donan lay in ruins for the best part of 200 years until Lieutenant Colonel John MacRae-Gilstrap bought the island in 1911 and proceeded to restore the castle to its former glory. After 20 years of toil and labour the castle was re-opened in 1932.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top