Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 10:39 PM

I thought I'd heard everything !!

I have a long time friends in Scotland who became very wealthy indeed because of having a wind farm on their land. I'm talking 27.5 million pounds over 25 years for the rent of the land. The windfarm is now being extended onto more of their land but they have signed over the new extension to their daughter. The daughter has now moved up there with her husband and 12 year old son, they are having a four bedroomed house built on some of the land and are quite literally made for life.

However for the boy to go to school he has to be driven five miles to the bus stop, he then has a further 20 miles or so on the bus to school. What has completely amazed me is that my friend's daughter has today put on her facebook that the good news is she is going to be paid to take the boy to the bus stop, presumably by the local council or the school, I don't know. I'm just absolutely gobsmacked that with all the money they have they have applied for funding to get the boy to the bus stop and obviously received it.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 10:50 PM

Re: I thought I'd heard everything !!

Greedy, greedy people.
I have just heard of the first person who is this victim of the new housing benefit cuts. He lives alone in a two bedroomed flat and either has to pay an extra £14 pounds a week for the spare room or move to a one bedroomed flat. He say he can't afford the extra money and as a result he will have to move.

Now I bet the money being claimed by that greedy woman is in excess of £14. Shameful truly shameful.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I have a long time friends in Scotland who became very wealthy indeed because of having a wind farm on their land. I'm talking 27.5 million pounds over 25 years for the rent of the land. The windfarm is now being extended onto more of their land but they have signed over the new extension to their daughter. The daughter has now moved up there with her husband and 12 year old son, they are having a four bedroomed house built on some of the land and are quite literally made for life.

However for the boy to go to school he has to be driven five miles to the bus stop, he then has a further 20 miles or so on the bus to school. What has completely amazed me is that my friend's daughter has today put on her facebook that the good news is she is going to be paid to take the boy to the bus stop, presumably by the local council or the school, I don't know. I'm just absolutely gobsmacked that with all the money they have they have applied for funding to get the boy to the bus stop and obviously received it.
What a pity the daughter and her husband didn't put their son's schooling first instead of moving somewhere out in the wilderness where it would be difficult for the young lad to get to school
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 11:23 PM

I am horrified that my friend's daughter is openly gloating about this on facebook. Not only have they had the windfarm extension handed to them on a plate, they have sold their own house too and have the money from that too. When you consider the money they now have, they will never have to worry about the cost of anything ever again and compare their situation with the poor man you mention above, and many others who literally struggle just to live, it makes you realise just how wrong this is. I simply cannot believe that my friend's daughter even looked into getting funding for a 10 mile return journey each school day, especially since I am quite sure it will be his grandfather taking him each day, most likely on a tractor.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 11:45 PM

When my daughter was at junior school in the 60s if you were 3miles away from school the child was picked up by taxi and taken to school,have to say there wasnt a bus route to her school,we lived in Broughton and the school was full so she was sent to another village(cant remember the name of the village)The taxi was paid for by Lancashire education.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 11:56 PM

Could she not have the child privately taught with all the money she has and then the transport wouldn't be a problem, plus if the news gets out that she's a very wealthy Woman the danger of kidnapping is greater than ever in the open spaces, foolish Woman, and greedy into the bargain.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2012, 08:52 AM

Sounds like another case of complaining about someone else's good fortune.
Especially if you live in a city, you may not appreciate the geographic restrictions that living in rural Scotland imposes. Maybe you can just nip round the corner to Sainsbugs, but even I have to travel 14 miles to the nearest big shop, dentist etc.. Children in the village have to travel 3 miles to primary school and 10 miles to the nearest academy.

And I live in a well placed village on a bus route!

In N.Scotland, the Caravan Club have a campsite that has the biggest population for 20 miles around. That can be the reality of living in the north or on the islands. As for being paid, that's just like the winter fuel allowance or bus pass. Whether the mother is gloating or simply pointing out the irony of it I don't know - It's an entitlement here, just like free
prescriptions, free eye tests, free parking at hospitals, no bridge tolls - for ALL.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2012, 07:49 PM

I would just add that it's important for children to mix with others of their age, so private education would deprive them of that valuable social contact.

And kidnapping ???? This isn't the 'wild west'! Sensible, lucky woman, and taking no more than what she's entitled to. I'd do the same - and I'm sure most others would too!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2012, 01:44 AM

Well I've never taken a penny piece from the state, and I reckon that somebody who is a multi-millionaire is just taking advantage of a system that has been put in place for poorer people.

You could take this a step further when considering that the royal family and aristocracy are entitled to claim child benefit, despite their great wealth. Whether or not they do is another matter, but they're entitled and, if they do claim it, it's totally wrong.

What's a few quid to a multi-millionaire, who is making thousands in interest a day in the bank? That's just back pocket change. To me that's pure greed and very obscene, quite frankly.

When you're a multi-millionaire, there are no geographical restrictions. They could have the kid helicoptered to school every day, but of course, that would set him apart from the other kids, but a taxi would be sensible.

The haves already have, but the have nots have to struggle.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire

09-11-2012, 09:01 AM

Well, I'm far from being rich - though by no means poor and I'll take every penny that I'm entitled to. It seems that those of us who have worked hard, paid our tax and N.I., looked after our money, supported our children etc.. are punished by being denied benefits that are dished out hand over fist to 'wastes of space' who have no intention of working.

You may call things greed, but this is the society that successive governments have created and nobody is going to thank you for not taking a 'penny piece from the state'.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top