Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 05:56 AM

Happy Tuesday Everyone.

"The Autumn Leaves" float by my window. I had a very strange airmail letter yesterday, it had a Philipines stamp on it. Apparently someone had looked at my profile and found out that I was a special person, one of their kind, and invited me to join them. I would be trained to develop these special powers to increase my happiness and wealth - and it went on like this at great length. I had to return an enclosed form to an address in Las Vegas. They didn't ask for my bank details nor did I have to send any money. I assume there would be a con somewhere along the line. The letter did not look very professional with lots of grammatical errors. Needless to say it went straight in the bin.
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 07:52 AM

Re: Happy Tuesday Everyone.

They are all around like leeches looking for the proper one to con. But, you, Allan are the sleuth.....congrats. Have a good one. ciao
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 08:11 AM

Happy Tuesday all. Here in Pittsburgh,USA....it has been raining all of Monday and possibly the entire week. If this rain from SANDY the (Bit--) were snow it would at least have averaged about 3 ' or more...Grrrrrrrr.
Millions of people without sustenance or residence. A woman's WRATH is unpredictable......SANDY has broken a record in the Tropical Storm books.
We live far from the intense damage but are receiving downpours for 24hrs at a time. Very fortunate. Cheerioooooooooo&Tally-hooooooo
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 08:23 AM

Good morning Alan and all others visitors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4opY...eature=related

Dark damp cold and windy here today with hardly any of mother natures creatures around. The bridle path was like a small river so lots of wet stuff has come down over night,

Plans for today are another relaxing day with lots of meditation, the body needs some new energy. Lunch is at home, Liver and Onions with more relaxing in the afternoon(maybe Mr Hennessy will join me)

I wish I had taken this picture, someone called Richie B, did and I think it is a great one.

Have a great day everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I2cG...eature=related
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA

30-10-2012, 08:37 AM

Thank you anti-brown and may your day be all you hope and with it to be. Adios
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 09:59 AM

Morning all, bright but cold here this morning with a ground frost overnight. Mrs PM is cooking lunch today so I'm off to visit an old work mate for a coffee and a natter.

Enjoy your day folks and hey, let's be careful out there..

Barry
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 10:11 AM

Good morning all clear sky and sunshine here, a lovely Autumn start to the day.

My daughter and family returned from their caravan break yesterday, they had a great time but said it was so cold there!

Enjoy your day folks!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 10:33 AM

Canadian Goose at Lochwinnoch. Poor bird can't migrate as it has a badly damaged wing and is now a permanent fixture at Lochwinnoch being looked after by the RSPB.

Good Morning Folk Dull and dreich again so far.

I wouldn't like to be in New York, or the Eastern Seaboard with the Hurricane Sandy around! It must be awful - and I hope that you, Marcus, are not living near it if it reaches Pittsburgh. I have been there when I went to the States with my late big brother and we toured the Eastern Seaboard. Had a meal in Pittsburgh. Hope it misses you.

Lovely photos Alan and Bob, and links as well. Many thanks for sharing.

Take care and stay safe.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 10:46 AM

Hi BK, are you sure that it's a canada goose, it's not like the canada geese we have around here.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK

30-10-2012, 10:50 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Goose Hi BK, I don't think the goose in your photo is a canada goose.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top