Join for free
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 12:50 PM

Carnival

Taken last night in a local town. Not wonderful photos but it was a fun procession. I particularly liked the "queens" and the guardsmen. Even the tractor driver had a Union Jack hat on. I thought it was quite refreshing to see the Spanish dressing as Brits instead of the other way round

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 01:04 PM

Re: Carnival

Oh I do enjoy looking at your carnival pictures, Loretta .... they are always so colourful and full of fun!

What was this carnival in aid of?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 01:21 PM

I am glad you like the photos Mags. This particular fiesta is for the Virgen del Pilar, the procession should have taken place last Saturday but unfortunately it was rained off, and boy did it rain for a couple of hours last Saturday night

We actually missed quite a lot of the procession as we were eating in a restaurant with friends, but we did catch the last hour or so.

It's quite difficult really to keep up with all the various fiestas and other goings on, there are so many, haha, but we do enjoy them, they come up with some spectacular ideas and always the atmosphere is wonderful and everyone has fun, much needed I think in these days of doom and gloom.

I loved the "queens" they had the "royal wave" off perfectly.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 01:28 PM

Great pictures Loretta....It's always amazing to see how much work people put into these things, for the enjoyment of everyone....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 01:30 PM

Lovely pictures Loretta they really go for it don't they, they do have the weather though, it's freezing here...
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 01:55 PM

Great pictures Loretta. I also love seeing your carnival ones. They have so many don't they.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->

I loved the "queens" they had the "royal wave" off perfectly.
It was the hand waves AND the handbags that made me smile ..... just goes to show that other countries do take notice of her!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 05:33 PM

Here's another fan of you Carnival photo's Loretta, they always cheer me up, you do a great job of it. Sure you don't work for the Spanish Tourist Board?.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

28-10-2012, 06:53 PM

Thank you all, I'm glad you like the photos. We are mostly lucky with the weather, at least it's usually dry if nothing else. jemflux, no I don't work for the Spanish Tourist Board......perhaps I should

We've been here for 13 years now and although we've had the usual language, manana and red tape hassles over the years we've met with nothing but kindness and helpfulness from the majority of Spanish people. I think you just have to adapt to their way of doing things and have plenty of patience. The people who seem to have the most problems are those who, for whatever reason, think Spain is just an extension of UK and Spanish laws do not apply to them, and believe me, there are more than a few of them. Sometimes they leave us literally speechless !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top