Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 08:33 AM

'Sandy' (Hurricane )

To all our friends 'tother side of the 'pond', Either hunker down or move out of the way of Hurricane 'Sandy', which we have seen on our news is huge and will collide with another weather system over the mid-west thus increasing its effect with torrential rain and in some areas snow!!!

When the storm has passed and things are returned to normal and those of you who get power 'outages' come back to us and let us know you are all safe.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 10:03 AM

Re: 'Sandy' (Hurricane )

It is enormous at 400 miles wide, so the weather man said.
Also read of the earthquake off the west coast of Canada, which may cause a tsunami in Hawaii.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 10:18 AM

Wishing all my friends in the USA a safe passage through the storm....
LovelyMeerkat
Lancashire
LovelyMeerkat is female  LovelyMeerkat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 02:16 PM

Wishing everyone well. I have a friend in Mass.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 04:37 PM

I wish every one a safe time while all this turmoil is going on in USA.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 05:41 PM

Stay safe
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 08:51 PM

It's quite the storm: 1600 miles across and rated category 4 at the centre. Parts of NY City have been ordered evacuated. I'm farther inland (London, Ontario, Canada) but we've been told to stock up on water, batteries for flashlights, food, etc.

My daughter is in Vancouver, B.C. and didn't feel the quake last night so that's a relief. Quakes to the west of me, hurricanes to the right! Can't say life is boring just now.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 09:52 PM

I hope Pixie stays safe in Kitchener, Ontario as well. I haven't heard from her for a few days, which is unusual for her, but I hope the storm passes with little or no loss of life.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I hope Pixie stays safe in Kitchener, Ontario as well. I haven't heard from her for a few days, which is unusual for her, but I hope the storm passes with little or no loss of life.
Kitchener is just an hour's drive east of me so she'll have the same rain and high winds. Local power companies are rallying emergency crews to prepare for outages. We shouldn't have too rough a time of it compared to the east coast.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2012, 03:48 AM

I've heard from Pixie tonight at long last, and she echoed your remarks, Annie Jack. I can't help worrying though.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top