Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 04:24 PM

Celebs Scared of Jimmy Savile Police Probe.

And I guess some of them may have good reason.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/savile-cele...033825660.html
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 06:18 PM

Re: Celebs Scared of Jimmy Savile Police Probe.

Its appauling, I have to say I have been unhappy with the BBC for a while now and I have become Angry of Cumbria and write and tell them so. When they pay good money to an ignoramus like Clarkson I give up.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 07:55 PM

Methinks this is only the tip of the iceberg, a can of worms has been opened and it will spill over, each one who's caught revealing more names and so on, no wonder those stars of the 60's and 70's are quivering in their shoes, even if you were friendly with Jimmy Savile something is bound to stick to you, the hunt is on, Oh the price of fame.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
When they pay good money to an ignoramus like Clarkson I give up.
Like him or not - he is incredibly popular worldwide and the Beeb makes a huge profit from sellling his programmes abroad.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010...rldwide-profit

Mick
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 04:50 PM

My two grandsons clubbed together and bought me this lighter two years ago when on a holiday in Spain, I used to fix all their broken toys for them, don't suppose I can use it outside the shed again, pity as it works great.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 04:59 PM

What a waste of a good Zippo.

At least you could use the insert in another casing if you so wished.

Changing the subject slightly, do you have many Zippos? I'm somewhat of a collector (HOARDER as the wife would interject) and have a box of them in the bedroom.

My daily one is an 18ct gold Zippo from 1960 that I bought in 1969, cost a pretty penny but still works like new with just gassing up every now and then and new flints & wicks.

I often joke the only reason I smoke is to use the Zippo!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

28-10-2012, 05:14 PM

I only ever had one other Jim and it got nicked in a pub some years ago, they are very reliable. That's a good idea about changing the case I think I have an old case with an Indians head on it, sorry that should be a Native Americans head on it, but you know what I mean, might put the works into that if I can find it. Yes I'd say you paid a pretty penny for the 18ct one, but great to have and with the price of gold rising every day, a good investment.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 05:19 PM

Yes, it would be a shame to waste it.

I presume you must be using a generic lighter at the moment then? My wife uses one of those, never took to them myself since you can't maintain them and I hate throwing things out.

I'm thinking of buying her a Zippo "Slim" for Christmas, so long as she doesn't lose it down the back of the sofa as she does with her cheap ones (I swear if there was a fire in this house the sofa would explode with about 100 lighters in the bottom of it!).
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 05:28 PM

I have one I bought for my late partner with the Liverpool FC crest on as he was a big fan of the club. I prefer the throw away lighters personally.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2012, 03:49 AM

Even though I haven't smoked for nearly 30 years I still have my old Colibri Molectric 88. They're not worth anything but such a beautiful piece of engineering for such a deadly pastime.

The spark still works but no idea if the gas valve does.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top