Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 04:53 AM

Happy Saturday Folk.

Taken at Islip on the river Nene. When we came home from Ross on Wye I went on Trip Advisor and gave a bad, but honest, review of our guest house. Would you believe we had to wash at the sink in the kitchen and our landlord could see nothing wrong with that. There were lots of other things wrong such as the towels hadn't been changed from the previous guests. It really was the worst B&B we'd ever been to and yet it was 4 star!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 07:11 AM

Re: Happy Saturday Folk.

Good morning Alan and all other who dare to venture here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8F-MSiWpvs

We have a heavy frost here which has turned the ground and rooftops white. Mother natures creatures are few and far between but the ones that have ventures out are scurrying around for food then disappearing into the hedgerow to eat it.
They say 'Only mad dogs and English men go out in the noon day sun' well, only fools and horses go out on a frosty morn.
Plans for today are to design a study layout of our Grand daughter that will fit neatly into her bedroom and hide away when she has friends round. In other words it has to slide into the loft space which is behind her bedroom wall. Did I say today, wow! that is me setup for a few days not one. As with all youngsters these days whe wants it yesterday. Lunch will be a working one me thinks and the afternoon will be the same as this morning.

The 45 min session with the Dentist went OK ( Although I have another visit planned in January ) with the help of Napoleon, in fact several helpings of Napoleon.

Looking down on St Davids Bay

Congratulations OB, more expense ( sigh) .

Alan, that is one reason why we use hotels not B&B

Have a wonderful day everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8F-MSiWpvs
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 07:17 AM

Good Morning Everyone Lovely Autumn Photo Alan.
Well our Snow's gone but it's been replace by Heavy Rain and a Freezing cold Wind blasting in from the Pentland Firth. Not planning on going far Today, but out to the Local with Friends and the Laird Tonight......Hope their big Fires on lol.
It was such a Beautiful Afternoon Yesterday that Dageus and I drove along the Coast a Wee Bit and then walked the Couple of Miles to St Mary's Chapel, such a Wild and Lonely Place.......but I love it there.

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 08:18 AM

Good morning to everyone. Bright and frosty here with a half inch of snow on the grass and the cars...brrrr...

A few DIY repairs on the cards for me this morning, omelette and chips for lunch and then plenty of time left after our walkies this afternoon for sitting by the fire with the papers and a book methinks..

Enjoy your day folks, and don't forget clocks back tonight by an hour.
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 09:08 AM

Another day in our lives.....tks to the Lord....hope this Saturday finds us in a good mood? bad mood...Why? testy? impatient? and all those adj. which make us wonder who we are and why? Remember:EVERY DAY IS THE FOURTH OF JULY ......AND ......EVERY NIGHT IS NEW YEAR'S EVE!!! Eye opener.....ah yes...try it you'll like it. 'SMILE---THE AIR IS GOOD FOR YOUR TEETH. (LOL) Good morning......ciao
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 09:10 AM

Thanks Roxy for the history lesson. Yes, the ruins can tell us soooo much. Have a good one.....Marcus
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 10:00 AM

Good morning fellow members how good to see the sun after a week of gloom.

I am off to hang out the washing of 'dog towels' and to do a couple of jobs in the garden while it is fine.

More great photographs thank you and another reminder of how beautiful and diverse are little inland is

Enjoy your day everyone
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 10:14 AM

Winter Gardens, Peope's Palace, Glasgow Green, Glasgow

Morning Everyone Lovely sunny start to the day - just a wee toty bit cold - but great for walking out in Loki will be a happy lass today!

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Lovely photos, Alan, Bob and Roxy. Links as well Bob, thanks for sharing
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 11:29 AM

Good morning all.
Lovely and sunny here but my, it is cold and a bitter wind blowing.
Great pictures everyone and I loved the waltz link Bob.
No plans for today, just a bit of housework and a light lunch of stir fry. Might varnish my nails later
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 12:38 PM

Good morning all, a bright sunny day here but icy cold, still I'm not complaining a bit of Sunshine at this time of year is always welcome. We're off to the hospital this afternoon to give them back the blood pressure contraption and then we'll be taking it easy for the rest of the day.
Love the pictures folks.
Take care.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top