Join for free
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2012, 01:25 PM

The end of an era...

Just seen on the news that the last Analogue signal was turned off last night.

We've used Sky for satellite television since we moved into this house in 1990 so I won't personally miss it but it is sad that something that was so revolutionary in its time and lasted so long has gone.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2012, 01:43 PM

Re: The end of an era...

I've had Sky for years as well, originally I changed over to Cable tv but when it changed to Virgin - I changed to Sky! Never missed Analogue!
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2012, 01:48 PM

I never really missed it either (especially those bloody indoor aerials) but it's the end of an era either way.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2012, 03:58 PM

I've got Virgin so nothing to miss. Its a thing of the past. Ceefax is going as well. Onwards and upwards guys.
Bubbles
New Member!
Lancashire
Bubbles is female 

24-10-2012, 09:12 PM

Things move on, I still remember the National anthem being played before TV closed down for the night
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2012, 09:47 PM

oldbugger, you will miss analogue when you put the car radio on and all you hear is the engine.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

25-10-2012, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
oldbugger, you will miss analogue when you put the car radio on and all you hear is the engine.
What do you mean? The last time I had it on it was still working (yes, you've guessed it - Classic FM!).

Most of the time I just listen to my old cassette tapes (yes, you've guessed it again - Vera Lynn...) however so if they do turn it off it won't be too bad but still, they can't do that can they?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top