Join for free
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2012, 09:56 AM

Blood Rain Coming Our Way.

You learn something every day, did you know what Blood Rain is? I sure didn't.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20028490
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2012, 10:51 AM

Re: Blood Rain Coming Our Way.

I've never heard of blood rain either Roxy, although we do sometimes get rain with sand in it and it is most noticeable on the car when it has rained, but that must be quite common. I've not seen clouds of it, like in the link.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2012, 12:29 PM

I heard about that somewhere but can't remember where, Roxy! Very interesting article. Hope it doesn't come here but would rather have that than snow, which I absolutely detest!

Many thanks for sharing that article

Take care.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2012, 12:36 PM

I did actually know what that was - I'm a bit of a science geek truth be told.

Never seen it in person though...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2012, 12:38 PM

Never heard of it either, although I vaguely remember reading in Ripley's 'Believe it or not' as a boy something about red snow falling in Japan, can't recall the details.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2012, 09:38 PM

That's spooky with Hallowe'en just around the corner!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
I did actually know what that was - I'm a bit of a science geek truth be told.

Never seen it in person though...
You should be so lucky matey - Window cleaner was here last week (he calls on a 4 weekly schedule) which means if we do get sand mixed with the rain and it streaks my windows I won't be able to see out properly.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 11:49 AM

I'd not heard of it before either. Though we do get the gritty deposit that others talk about.
I'd like to know what the minute speckles are that we get on our windows, they are hard to get off sometimes.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I'd not heard of it before either. Though we do get the gritty deposit that others talk about.
I'd like to know what the minute speckles are that we get on our windows, they are hard to get off sometimes.
Jan darlin' - that's it!!! - dust from the Sahara being swept up into weather systems being blown up 'Channel' and deposited on 'us' when it rains.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top