Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2012, 06:50 AM

Rainy Tuesday

Good morning folk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa...eature=related

It is rain again, just in time, the puddles were starting to dry out and mother natures creatures were losing their baths. Today even though it is raining they are singing which is a bit early in the day for them at this time of year.

Plans for today are a quick visit to the shops then a drive over the New Workington Bridge that was opened by Princess Anne yesterday, the old one was washed away in the floods of 2009. Lunch at some local establishment up the coast before having a relaxing afternoon with Napoleon for company whilst she who must be obeyed visits a sick friends.

Anyone lost a cat?

Have a wonderful day and don't forget to smile at everyone you meet, they will either think your crazy or spend the rest of the day wondering who you are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwAw9...eature=related
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2012, 07:44 AM

Re: Rainy Tuesday

Good morning fellow members a repeat performance of yesterday outside with rain and fog.

Hannah has arrived but is too well. I am hoping she has a sleep later and is better when she wakes up.

We are off to look at a book about ducks, enjoy your day everyone
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2012, 09:17 AM

Good Morning Everyone, Very Dark and Dull Here, it's Dry but looks like we'll get Soaked at any Minute.
Keeping things Wet This Morning this is the Corryvreckan Whirlpool......
Corryvreckan (from the Gaelic Coire Bhreacain meaning "cauldron of the speckled seas" or "cauldron of the plaid"), also called the Strait of Corryvreckan, is a narrow strait between the islands of Jura and Scarba, in Argyll and Bute, off the west coast of mainland Scotland.
I remember walking along the Cliffs of Jura with my Dad when I was a Wee Lass, the Sight and the Noise of the Whirlpool Terrified me, and will stay with me all my Life. You can hear it's Roar 10 Miles away on the Mainland....Once it really gets Going
It's calm a lot of the Time and you can Sail Across in a Boat......But I'm not that Brave.....I've seen what those Waters turn into and if you get caught there when The Tide Turns.....Quake.

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2012, 09:26 AM

A very good morning to everyone. Damp and gloomy here as well this morning with no signs that it will change anytime soon...

We've just finished the Tuesday cleaning of the baths and bogs routine, and enjoying a cappucino before I venture out to collect yet more sycamore leaves from the drive and paths, why is it they can't all drop together and get it over with....

Smashing picture Bob, do you have many raccoons in Cumbria..

Hope Hannah perks up for you Meg, aren't they a flipping worry ..

Great picture and story about the whirlpool Roxy, I've never seen one like that, and I don't think I'd want to sail across it either...

Have a great day folks..

barry
HeatherMK
Milton Keynes, UK
HeatherMK is female  HeatherMK has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2012, 09:33 AM

Good morning everyone.
I haven't slept yet (raving insomniac.....or perhaps just raving ) so I'm going to walk the dogs and then just potter around raking leaves and stuff today.
Hope everyone has a lovely day!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2012, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->

Great picture and story about the whirlpool Roxy, I've never seen one like that, and I don't think I'd want to sail across it either...

Have a great day folks..

barry
The Corryvreckan is the third largest whirlpool in the world.....Not something to be Messed with lol.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2012, 11:27 AM

Finlaystone Country Park

Morning All Dull and dreich so far this morning, very damp underfoot.

Love that piccy, Bob So cute! and the links as well are great, many thanks for sharing!

Stunning photo there, Roxy! Must be really something to see and thanks for sharing.

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2012, 11:33 AM

Good morning all.
Everyone seems perky today...even though it's dull and damp out, I'm in a good mood too.
Lovely caption Bob and links - I won't mention my attempts to get hubby dancing today.
Amazing picture Rox, didn't know we had a big whirlpool like that! This forum is such a learning curve.
Hope Hannah feels better later, Meg.
Lots of leaf raking and clearing going on eh? I have to wait in for a delivery, while hubby is inspecting the new shed for leaks..I don't think he'll find any but it gives him something to do..my leaf clearing will have to wait.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2012, 12:21 PM

Good morning all, wet and miserable here today like meself. Nice to see everybody in good form, I didn't sleep too well last night and I'm a bit grumpy because of it, the wife is back into her snoring habit again, I was in paradise there for a long time when she suddenly stopped, but now the dreaded honking nose is at it again., I got up several times and made coffee, eventually I nodded off but it was not a true sleep and it just made me feel tired when I woke up. Well you can't have it good all the time and I shouldn't be moaning, but one does doesn't one.
Lovely pictures folks, Roxy you know your Gaelic well, I could never get my tongue around it at school, my two grandsons are good at it though, it's good to see it's alive and well.
I hope little Hannah gets better quickly Meg.
Take care Folks.
I found this picture in my stock and I just love the colours.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2012, 12:33 PM

Good morning, or afternoon as it is now.

Not having the best of starts - I seem to have lost my Zippo lighter.

Doesn't sound like a big deal until I say it's solid gold and I've owned it since 1969!!

Yes, I'm getting a bit worried but I shall keep searching. In the mean time I'll have to use a cheap lighter from Tesco for my cigarettes, urgh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top