Join for free
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 09:33 PM

Dragons' Den

Read an article in our gardening magazine this week.
It's about Dragons' Den. A father and son team invented a 'wheelbarrow booster' which could increase
the capacity of a wheelbarrow by 300% saving lots of trips to empty it and it can be folded away, when not in use.
They turned down £50,000 of investment on Dragons' Den. They offered a 10% equity in their company.
The Dragons' Den wanted 50% of the company!
Mike (Dad) after a heated exchange told them "sod you!"
Son (Joe) said they may have negotiated 25% but Dad speaks before he thinks..and they forgot to mention the product was endorsed by Alan Titchmarsh.

I think they have had the last laugh, Homebase have ordered 5,000 for 2013 and Tesco Direct have listed
it for £12.99. They also went to a trade show and took orders for another 2,000.

The company is www.greanbase.co.uk
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 09:41 PM

Re: Dragons' Den

I think they should rename it Vultures Den!

It's awful they way they try to rob these people blind imo.

Glad the father and son duo have made it without them
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 10:39 PM

I saw the wheelbarrow 'sleeves' on the show Janela they looked quite good.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 10:57 PM

I had to laugh when I read this because a few years ago an Australian Landscape company took part in the Chelsea Flower show (I think they won a prize too). They shipped over half a dozen wheelbarrows because they said that in Britain you couldn't get a decent wheelbarrow. When I looked at the photos on the reference above I could see why.

Even the cheap and nasties from Bunnings look better. Why not built a decent barrow in the first place?
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2012, 11:56 AM

We do a fine line in barrows Bruce, here are a few
I see the barrow booster is advertised near the bottom of the page

http://www.garden4less.co.uk/garden-...partner=MsnWHB
janet gracey
london
janet gracey is female  janet gracey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2012, 04:09 PM

Glad that one had a happy ending. Think the Dragons are getting a bit big for their boots.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top