Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Maywalk
Leicestershire
Maywalk is female  Maywalk has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 07:39 PM

Keeping my hands going.

I have been doing a bit of knitting and using my stash of yarn up in between getting a book sorted out to go to the printers, just to keep my hands going.
These will go to any needy charity.

The pink set is in Aran weight yarn
and the blue set is double knitting.

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 07:44 PM

Re: Keeping my hands going.

How lovely. Its ages since I did any knitting, but when I did knit I never turned out anything as good as yours Maywalk.
Maywalk
Leicestershire
Maywalk is female  Maywalk has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 08:03 PM

Many thanks Aerolor.
I am no expert, its just that I get cramp in my fingers now and I try to keep them going as much as I can with doing a bit of knitting.
Old age is NOT all its cracked up to be.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 09:26 PM

Maisie they are just lovely, you are so clever.
I can't knit at all, I am as they say all thumbs
Maywalk
Leicestershire

18-10-2012, 09:44 PM

I am no genius Meg. Just an ordinary knitter.
Some of the work that I have seen that others have done makes mine look paltry because it's so outstanding. I only wish I was clever with my hands.
I feel sure that you could learn how to knit just as good as anyone else BUT you have to have an interest in it to try.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 10:40 PM

They are gorgeous Maisie. I used to knit loads. I kept the kids & myself & the grandkids in woolies but since I got the computer I seem to have gone off it. The Grandkids are nearly grown up now & wouldnt be seen dead in home made stuff & I am usually too warm with just a t shirt on never mind a thick jumper.
I keep saying I will start again even if its just baby stuff & like you give it away
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 10:54 PM

They are lovely Maisie, I love the colours in the first pic.

I used to knit a lot when my twins were babies and toddlers and then seemed to stop. The last items I knitted were jumpers for Cats Protection, many of the poor rescue cats needed to be shaved where their fur had become so matted through neglect, therefore they needed something to keep them warm when the weather turned cold.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 01:21 AM

Like the others I used to knit quite a lot, and those are lovely.
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 03:58 AM

They are really lovely. I dont know but you could check
if Hospitals still need tiny baby clothes for the premature
babies.

Also, I believe some owners put dogs in little knitted coats
Sarah
Maywalk
Leicestershire

19-10-2012, 11:21 AM

Many thanks ladies.
I know that the Dogs Trust are wanting knitted coats for the strays they take in and IF anyone gets the urge to want to knit one I have an easy pattern for one that I could e-mail on.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top