Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 01:01 PM

How rude can people be ...

Sorry to resurrect this old chestnut but since my last post on this topic i am beginning to think I am being taken for a ride ..I have done everything i can ...applied for the job attended a interview 20/08 (at my expense) waited patiently WHY cant the company concerned at least acknowledge me ...I Have heard absolutely sweet fanny Adams from them . i waited the allocated time span before inquiring on the progress by phone ..initially by e mail and telephone call both were ignored ..I then contacted the company again and was advised the gentleman dealing with the matter was on holiday ...that was acceptable ...I then received a e mail the following week 25/09 advising me that the selection process was still ongoing and i was still on the short list ...I was even given his DIRECT phone number and personal e mail address so i could enquire if needed to...so 10 days ago i phoned but had to leave a message ...i have yet to receive a reply so yesterday i sent him a polite e mail ...i have yet to receive a reply. I am used to not getting replies from applications , but the result of a interview or inquiries of the result that is totally RUDE ..What does it cost to answer someone ...it makes me so angry i feel like phoning again ...but in case there is a genuine reason i dont dare.. WHAT WOULD YOU DO????
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 02:17 PM

Re: How rude can people be ...

Complain to the Job Centre.....It should be part of an Agreement between the Job Centre and the Company they are sending People to for an Interview .All Applicants should receive a Reply...One way or the Other.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 02:25 PM

Steve I don't blame you for being frustrated

Perhaps the fact that they haven't actually said no is promising and there is a genuine reason for the hold up.
I would bite my tongue for now in the hope that a job may emerge and if it doesn't complain then.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 02:34 PM

It wasn't advertised through the job centre, but a local Job board.....However even if there is a genuine hold up , what is wrong with acknowledging to this .....after all by me following up and being polite about it is demonstrating my professionalism and interest in the company and the job ...surely that says something ...isn't that worth a polite e mail or phone call ...or does it demonstrate the companies overall attitude towards its staff ......
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 03:18 PM

I totally agree with you Steve, but how do you make someone be good mannered ?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 03:43 PM

Blame his mother for not teaching him manners.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

18-10-2012, 04:38 PM

Normally i would tell him wot i think ...but while there is any chance of employment i dont dare
janet gracey
london
janet gracey is female  janet gracey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 04:46 PM

This happens all too often. You send applications in and then you don't hear a thing. But to go through the interview stage and then hear nothing that is downright rude and thoughtless. If no one has the guts to talk to you personally, there is always emails, texts or letters. Very frustrating.

I do hope you here something good from them soon.
LovelyMeerkat
Lancashire
LovelyMeerkat is female  LovelyMeerkat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
Normally i would tell him wot i think ...but while there is any chance of employment i dont dare
If he doesn't have the courtesy to even keep you in the loop, I wonder what he'd be like to work for? One of my managers would ask me to do something without so much as a 'please' or ' thank you'. It made my blood boil. Though it was just me who noticed it until I found out my colleague felt the same. Good manners do not cose anything

Hope hear something soon.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 04:59 PM

It's frustrating to play the waiting game. I once got a call from an employer regarding a job I had applied for 15 weeks earlier and given up on. They had already hired a candidate who didn't work out and wanted to know if I was still interested, which I was. Turned out well and I worked there for several years.

Rejection letters are easily sent out - a standard reply to all unsuitable candidates. If you're still on the short list and haven't had a "no" I would take that as a good sign. Who knows what internal processes are holding up a response? Could be time for departmental budget reviews, for example. Fingers crossed for you...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top