Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 04:53 AM

Happy Thursday Folk

A statue in a garden on the isle of Guernsey. Went a 5 mile walk with my old workmates yesterday. It wasn't all that enjoyable as the fields were waterlogged. We'll have to do road walking walks for the next few months.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 07:08 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk

Good morning Alan and all others visitors to OFFers.
You better believe it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N18HZ...eature=related

Although at the moment it is dry but damp and musky smelling, I suppose it is the dead leaves on the ground. Mother natures creatures are not venturing forth this morning so maybe they know something we don't.

Plans for today are staying indoors. Yesterday we went to Crummock Water and although the skies were grey we decided to have a short walk, half a mile from the car and the skies went dark grey, the angels turned on all the taps, Thor got out his hammer and the drums were deafening, someone kept switching the lights on and off and within seconds the road became a river and we became soaked to the skin despite having good weather clothing on. No lunch out, we headed home, changed out of our wringing wet clothes and had Shepherds pie for lunch. I don't think the rain stopped for the rest of the day, but our friends had a nice big log fire, some lovely Brandy punch which made the bones soon got back to normal.

Helensburgh looking from the Commodore Hotel.

Have a great day everyone and remember

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SFsh...eature=related
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 08:32 AM

Good morning everyone.

Bright but chilly here today and the forecast is dry, so I may go and do a repair job on Mum's greenhouse, which has a couple of cracked panes of glass. Salmon and roast veg for lunch methinks, and then a good walk with the dogs around the Major Oak should be a prelude to feet up with the papers to see the afternoon out...

Enjoy your own day everyone...

Barry
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 08:47 AM

Good Morning Everyone, Actually Dry here Today
Got a busy day ahead so I'd best get on with it.

Melrose Abbey....Or what's left of it.
Thought to be the Burial Place of Robert the Bruce's Heart.

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u.../melroseabbey/

Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 09:40 AM

Again more beautiful photos.

Sounds like you're all going to be busy today. I'm getting fed up just stuck indoors and not being able to do anything after op!!!! It's so frustrating when you want to get on and do things but can't! It's okay, I know I can't and hubby is keeping a strict eye on me.

Asti is booked in for her eye cataract op next Wednesday.

Have a nice day all of you
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 10:41 AM

Good morning everybody, its actully not raining, so far!! Hope we are not going to get a repeat of yesterday which was dire. It took me 1 1/2 hours to get home from Carlisle instead of the usual 20 mins! The coast road was flooded because of high tide and lots of other minor roads which lead on to a higher road were flooded. So in the end headed back to Carlisle and took the higher road home which of course I should have done in the first place!!

Busy doing housework today for visitors tomorrow and also have office stuff to do so better get going.

Great photos again everybody, love Melrose Abbey and pleased to hear Asti has her eye operation booked. Sorry to hear about your soaking AB but loved your description on it. don't know what's going on with Photobucket but a lot of my photos have a x in the thumbnail and no photo including the one I've just uploaded!! So have tried another, hope its ok.

Have a good day folks and stay dry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 10:43 AM

View from "Loki's" Field - Ben Lomond and surrounding mountains in the background

Good Morning All Dull and dreich so far and I thought this was Friday!! Senior moment

Love those photos Bob - Helensburgh holds lots of lovely memories for me, when I was a wee girl in Govan, Mum and Dad would take me there for a day's outing. We would go to the Hermitage Park up John Street (I think) and I would take wish at the Wishing Well! Charles Rennie Mackintosh's Hill House is beautiful - http://www.armin-grewe.com/crm/crm-hillhouse.htm so, thank you Bob for the photo

Aw Roxy your photo as well brought back memories, my late big brother took me there to see the Abbey and Melrose itself as my Dad worked there building up farm sheds before the war and I remember him telling me about his time there and Selkirk as well Many thanks, Roxy

Great links as well Bob Thanks for sharing.

Lovely photo MP - love your dogs

Hope you all have a good day today.

Take care
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 10:51 AM

Good morning all. It was very dark when I got up..can't wait for the clocks to go back
Bright but cold here.
Got an email to say my delivery of clematis will be today, between 12.04 and 13.04 - the driver's name will be Kenny
It is now dull and cold
Have a good day all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 11:49 AM

Good morning fellow members a real autumn day with leaves blowing everywhere in the strong wind.
Shopping done and put away I am now going to prepare lunch for my son .

Ali I am pleased you were able to get Asti in so quickly for her operation , I am sure it will be a benefit to her.

Enjoy your day everyone
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 12:52 PM

Hope that Asti's eye op will go wll, Alison, as I am sure it will.

Hope too that you are doing as you are told And that you are feeling stronger as each day dawns.

Hugs xx

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top