Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2012, 07:29 PM

Photograph albums

Have they had their day?

I very seldom print pics any more but I do miss those past times when friends or family gathered round an open album reminiscing .
I know you can do marvellous things on the screen but it's not the same.

The same thing goes for books and kindles. I've been behind techno progress up until now, but I think we've had quite enough , give us a chance to catch up.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2012, 09:07 PM

Re: Photograph albums

All my photos go into my computer and, once a year, I pick out the best 13 photos and have a calendar made out of them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2012, 09:59 PM

I still pick out photographs for printing and have them printed online
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2012, 10:06 PM

I don't even own a digital camera, just my old 1984 film camera which I still use to this day.

I have no time for putting photographs on my computer, that is just for the internet pure and simple.

For photographs, out comes the "old snapper" (my daughter used to call cameras "snappers" when she was young, though she'd kill me if I told anyone!) to take a good photo which can be printed off at the local photograph processing shop.

I recently purchased another photo album as our current one is almost full. We've got about 20 A3 albums which are jam packed with photographs from when I was a child in the 50s to when my grandson is a child now.

My wife takes pictures with her I-Phone (I think that's what you call it) but it's not for me.

Heck, I still use my old 60s typewriter for writing letters!
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2012, 10:23 PM

I work in a processing lab for a High street chemist and since digital has taken over the drop in printed photographs has dropped dramatically even I don't get that many printed any more we have bought a 32" digital tv that you can put your camera card into and watch as a slideshow which is good it sorts the photos into months so you don't have to plough through loads and loads of pics and the end of every year I just get my pics put onto CD so that they are stored safely for future use when we had film camera's we have got cupboards full of albums and photo's this is so much cheaper and you don't have all the pics to sort and store I love digital we have just come back from the Lake District and have taken over 200 snaps this if you were to buy the film for would have cost roughly £35 and the same to develope cost to us so far nothing if we put them all onto CD £2 a saving of about £68 if they were printed this would only be £16 so though not doing any favours for the high street shops a real saving to be made for photographers...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2012, 06:57 PM

I also think the high tech stuff is being pushed on us a bit too fast, the greed of these Companies is unbelievable especially at Christmas time, and they never make anything compatible with rival brands, this exterior hard drive won't work on a Mac or that web camera won't work on a PC, they should be forced by law to make everything compatible, like light bulbs and mains sockets and plugs.
I do miss the hardback Family albums, a great source of Family history, I remember the old brown photographs and asking my dad who was this and where was that. I still got some in the attic and I'm thinking of putting them on a hard drive for the grandkids benefit, although I'll have to think very hard to remember who's who.
One thing I am not very keen on, having to look at relatives and neighbours holiday photo's and trying to look interested when really I just want to get out of there as fast as I can.
LovelyMeerkat
Lancashire
LovelyMeerkat is female  LovelyMeerkat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2012, 10:13 PM

I have photograph albums, even though I now use a digital camera only. All my pictures get put on my MacBook, but not everyone gets printed. I can print the odd photograph on my printer, but for a quantity, I always use a certain High Street chemist. I get lots of bonus points there

I have a box full of old b/w photographs from when I was a child. There's even a box of slides. There may also be some sepia photographs. I like looking at old photographs, but that's a personal experience for my father and I.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2012, 11:26 PM

I have a digital camera and a photo printer. When my daughter got married, a friend used my camera to take loads of photos. I chose the best of these and printed them off and made my very own wedding album.
I am now taking photo's on my i-pad.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2012, 01:15 AM

I take the card out my mobile or camera and go into Boots and print the ones I want as I like to have some in frames.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2012, 07:26 AM

I do print photo's but they are mainly on A3 gloss paper or Script paper and then framed.

I do think that larger photo's when framed tend to make great wall coverings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top