Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2012, 05:03 AM

Happy Wednesday Everyone.

Taken in Germany. I started taking up some of my summer bedding plants yesterday, those which were beginning to look past it.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2012, 07:44 AM

Re: Happy Wednesday Everyone.

Good morning Alan and all who visit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDNDELFF1ok

It is a dry but cold day with Mother natures creatures singing their hearts out and one Robin in particular trying to out sing all of the other birds, he is perched on the top ot the highest tree on the bridal path so that his voice carries further than all the others and his Red breast stand out a mile.

Sorry for disappearing but we got news on Sunday that a dear old friend of ours had died suddenly so we went to give support to his wife, who is always vulnerable at the best of time,and to try to help her cope with it. There really is nothing that you can say at times like this that help but just to be there in support is about all one can do. He was an old sparing partner of mine at Badminton and squash plus his wife work for me over 15 years.

She asked us to stay with her for a few days as she could not feel that she would cope with all the turmoil it has caused so I wont be around for a while.

Plans for today, nothing but to pack a few things to return with to our friends, possible until after the funeral. Make sure you enjoy life and what is left of it for, you never know when your time is up and you can not say, hang on let me catch the next bus.
As you get older you find that your friends get fewer so make the most of life and your friends.

A misty morning looking along Thirlmere from the back road.

Have a great day everyone, tomorrow may never come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyly3JtXoy4
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2012, 09:11 AM

Good morning everyone, overcast and cool here this morning but no frost for a change.

Just sweeping and tidying up this morning whilst Mrs PM cooks her famous red pepper quiche for lunch. Flu jabs this afternoon and then maybe light the fire and read a book for a while...

My condolences on the loss of your friend Bob..

Enjoy your day folks..

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2012, 09:20 AM

Loch Awe

Good Morning All Another beautiful start to the day. It was really lovely all day yesterday and Loki enjoyed taking me long walkies!

So sorry to hear of your friend's passing, Bob, and that is good that you and your wife are going back to be with his wife. It's at times like these that we need good friends beside us!

It's 33 years ago to the exact day and date that my big brother John died. Only feels like yesterday. Time flies by.

Hope everyone will enjoy their Wednesday. Safe journey Bob.

Lovely photos and links Bob.

Take care and stay safe
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2012, 10:07 AM

Good morning fellow members a grey day here but at least it's fine.

I am catching up on some housework today after two days of having baby Hannah. The twins are coming for lunch tomorrow so will be doing some baking in preparation for that too.

Sorry to hear about your friend AB.

Enjoy your day everyone
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2012, 10:23 AM

It's a dull grey cold day today, not a very happy looking one, but you never know as one door closes another one opens.

My condolences to you and your friend.

Pics and link lovely

Have a good day everyone
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2012, 10:28 AM

Good Morning Everyone, Boy it's getting Chilly in the Mornings now I stick the Heating on for an Hour when I get up now....just to take the Chill off.
Well Autumn has come to Caithness, this is the Wild Moors just outside Thurso Yesterday.......Soon it will be Snow....Shudder
Have a nice Day All.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2012, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Good Morning Everyone, Boy it's getting Chilly in the Mornings now I stick the Heating on for an Hour when I get up now....just to take the Chill off.
Well Autumn has come to Caithness, this is the Wild Moors just outside Thurso Yesterday.......Soon it will be Snow....Shudder
Have a nice Day All.
Gorgeous !!! Picture I mean not snow but bet that's a beautiful pic too.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2012, 10:48 AM

Good morning all.
Sunny but cold here, so not too bad at all.
Sorry for the loss of your friend Bob, I really know how it feels. I have lost five best mates over the years. I hope your friend's wife will be ok and all the better for your being there.
Doing a bit of housework this morning, while hubby 'plays' with his sheds.
Hope your day is peaceful everyone.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2012, 12:57 PM

Good afternoon all, a nice enough day, cloudy but not too cold and no rain. Sorry to hear about your friend AB, and you are right, make the most of life while you can.
I'm be busy for the next couple of weeks making Christmas presents for Family and a few dear friends, so I'd better get back to the bench.
Take good care of yourselves folks.

Cheer up! Christmas is coming.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top