Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 12:47 AM

Why Dennis is a dentist...

According to Discover Magazine, studies suggest that people are disproportionately likely to live in cities or to choose careers that resemble their own name.

For example, men named Phil living in Philadelphia or dentists named Dennis or Denise.

I hear there's a Sue Island in Australia and a Susanville in the USA...
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 03:42 AM

Re: Why Dennis is a dentist...

I've actually been to Susanville, California. It's a pretty little town with awful food.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 07:16 PM

In the Cemetery near where I live and next to my Mother in laws grave is buried a Man called John Joseph Death, I kid you not. What if his Family were undertakers?, they'd probably die of starvation.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
In the Cemetery near where I live and next to my Mother in laws grave is buried a Man called John Joseph Death, I kid you not. What if his Family were undertakers?, they'd probably die of starvation.
I know a travel agent named Dennis Death. I admit it was weird when my daughter bought her airline tickets to Finland from Mr. Death a couple of years ago... she got home safe and sound. I don't think he's lost a client yet.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I know a travel agent named Dennis Death. I admit it was weird when my daughter bought her airline tickets to Finland from Mr. Death a couple of years ago... she got home safe and sound. I don't think he's lost a client yet.
I'm glad it all worked out OK for the Daughter AJ, but you have to admit it's sticking your hand out to be slapped. or as we say 'Flying in the face of God', I have never flown but if the Agents name was Death I wouldn't go on a bus to Lourdes with him.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

07-10-2012, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
... if the Agents name was Death I wouldn't go on a bus to Lourdes with him.
I'll share that comment if/when I see him again - he'd love it!
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 08:16 PM

That is very interesting.

I do know of a Peter who lives in Peterhead so maybe there is truth in it!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2012, 10:50 AM

Used to work in a 'big' (open plan) office. One colleague was named Harry Harse, and another was a 'Ted' Gunner, who had the unhappy knack of answering the telephone by saying "gunner 'ere".
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

08-10-2012, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
... 'Ted' Gunner, who had the unhappy knack of answering the telephone by saying "gunner 'ere".
Had to say that out loud before I got it.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2012, 12:35 PM

I worked for an insurance company many moons ago. There were a couple of people named Death on their books and I got put in my place by the under manager..."it is pronounced De'Ath my dear"!!
When typing letters, the initials of the sender with the date were used for reference. We had a PEE, a MAD, an EAR and a PO. Strange how these things stick in your mind

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top