Join for free
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2012, 10:19 PM

Arthritis relief ideas please!

I have suffered from severe arthritis in my hands for 15 years now but in the last year it has gotten a lot worse to the point where my knuckles will sometimes seize solid and my fingers won't move.

It isn't that bad tonight but the pain is just awful.

I've got medication from the docs for it and it helps (without it I'm in this kind of pain 100% of the time) but when it gets bad, it doesn't do a hell of a lot!

Not to stereotype elderly people for having arthritis or anything, but I presume a fair few of you do have it so care to share any advice with me?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2012, 10:01 AM

Re: Arthritis relief ideas please!

I had to get Knee Replacements because of Arthritis, I take a 1000mg of Glucosmine Sulphate every Day. It started to ease my Joints very quickly. I've been on it for 8 Years now and I'll stay on for the rest of my Life.
I even gave it to my 2 Old English Sheepdogs when they started to age and I could see their Joints were getting Stiff. It soon had then running about again.
It's kept in Heatlh Shops and I get a bottle of 90 for £13.99....not bad for 3 Months. I believe you can get it stronger if needed...
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/health-produ...phate/reviews/
This is the one I get.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2012, 10:41 AM

Jim matey, go look at the first part of my profile and you'll see the problems I've had with Arthritis. Notwithstanding the surgery, I still suffer pains in those joints and have a supply of 'Zapain' (Co-codomol) and occasionally when the pain is REALLY bad, Oromorph (liquid morphine).
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2012, 12:01 PM

Thank you both Roxy and Joe, I will look into those.
Anji0007
Wales UK
Anji0007 is female  Anji0007 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 03:04 PM

You will laugh at this, but there is a rubbing ointment called, DOG OIL, i find that helps, usualy sold in herbalist shops, in a yellow tub,good for everyday use ,
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 03:19 PM

Jimmy it is very important to remember we are not all the same, I have been a chronic rheumatoid arthritis sufferer for 40 years, and there are at least 100 different types.
But one of the things I remember about hands from years ago that gave relief, is hot wax baths, usually at our local hospital.
If it is as bad as you say, get your GP to refer you to your local pain clinic, there they will help you better than anywhere else.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top