Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2012, 10:44 AM

Poor Man!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...tland-19790191

Thought that very funny - not for the poor man though
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2012, 11:33 AM

Re: Poor Man!!

Yes, when Ifirst heard about this, I didn't Wheely believe it..
Some folks can take moronism to new heights.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2012, 12:11 PM

It is funny, he wasn't hurt anyway.
A female witness seen his bum and walking stick and said "That's Willie", Willie must be very popular around them parts.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2012, 01:45 PM

I saw that on the News and must admit it did make me Grin and think Silly Ass lol lol. What on Earth he thought he was doing is anyone's Guess......Bet he doesn't do it again though...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2012, 02:11 PM

I'm glad they got to the Bottom of it and he wasn't hurt, did he recover his hat or was it left Behind?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2012, 02:15 PM

Worst was, when he got home his wife asked where he'd bin...
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2012, 05:07 PM

I don't find that funny what so ever.

Making fun of one's misfortunes does not appeal to me.

I once had the same thing happen to me back in the late 60s when I lost my wife and went "off the rails", I had no money left and in a desparate attempt to find alcohol looked in every bin and eventually saw a bottle of whiskey with some left in it in a bin and in an attempt to get it managed to jam my shoulder in the bin.

It sounds funny but was most certainly not.

I'm glad the man was alright and as for him being named a bucket heid, I find that truly insulting.

Sorry if I've spoilt your fun but I don't like kicking people when they are down.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2012, 05:29 PM

Nobody's is laughing at the Man Jim, it's the situation with his head in the bin, reminiscence of a Laurel and hardy film to me anyway, the article said he lost his hat in the bin, it didn't say how it got there or anything about the Man's circumstances. I once fell down a manhole and the fella's with me thought it was very funny, I was lucky not to be hurt but I still laugh about it today when the subject is brought up in the pub and believe me they bring it up every chance they get. To me it's all part of life.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2012, 06:08 PM

Sorry if I sounded harsh in what I said, I have had plenty things happen to me in my time which still bring a smile to my face years later but some things shouldn't be laughed at unless the person finds it funny himself.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2012, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Sorry if I sounded harsh in what I said, I have had plenty things happen to me in my time which still bring a smile to my face years later but some things shouldn't be laughed at unless the person finds it funny himself.
Hey Jim, you need to lighten up a bit. Working in the construction industry we all learned to laugh at the misfortune of others as long as no-one was seriously hurt, and I gave as many laughs to the blokes as anyone over the years....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top