Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2012, 05:08 AM

Happy Monday Folk.

Taken on the Isle of Man. Didn't do much yesterday other than research our proposed DIY holiday to the Harz mountains in Germany (on the internet.)
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2012, 07:25 AM

Re: Happy Monday Folk.

Good morning Alan and all others who visit OFFers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk-DYfqHE10
Rain again high winds and cold with it. Mother natures creatures are few and far between I suppose they are staying in bed until it warms up a bit.

Plans for today not a lot on the cards as we are house watching for a couple of neighbours who have gone away for a couple of days. Lunch is at home and will be a Mixed grill followed by a Large Brandy as I have no driving to do plus a lot of relaxing with some reading material.

Lake side Windermere from Newby Bridge road.

Have a great day everyone and come on have some fun,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeXOBCBxl10

You will have this in your head all day now and it will drive you mad.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2012, 09:27 AM

Good morning fellow members a sunny morning here.

Off to the post office shortly to post a parcel then the day is all mine How I love being retired.
Next on the list will be a bit of cleaning. I have baby Hannah tomorrow so won't get any done then.

Enjoy your day everyone .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2012, 09:30 AM

Good morning to all from sunny Sherwood, where all is well today at plantman towers...

Nothing much planned today as Mrs PM has decided to cook lunch and she is also cooking marmalade, so for me it looks like just a bit of pottering in the garden and a walk with the dogs through the forest.

Have a good day yourselves

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2012, 09:32 AM

Glencoe (again)

Good Morning Alan, Bob, Meg and All Dull windy and dreich so far this morning.

Lovely photos Alan and Bob and links as well, many thanks for sharing.

Hope you all enjoy a good day today.

Take care and stay safe
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2012, 10:36 AM

Good morning, great photographs as always, they are very scenic.

Just back from the hospital (see Sunday thread) and all the tests came out negative, so whatever happened yesterday isn't down to anything seriously wrong with my lungs according to the tests. They want to do a few more but don't think they'll find the cause.

The wife took a day off work to be at the hospital with me today in case it was bad news so we'll use that to go out and buy some presents for the new grandchild which should be here by mid November.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2012, 12:20 PM

morning everyone
Just had a weeks holiday taking me a bit of time getting back into things this morning.
Where did the week go, got out and about a bit so not too bad a week.
Enjoy the rest of your day folks
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2012, 01:35 PM

Good afternoon chums,

I had a senile moment shoppung with nurse Gillian, my wife, this morning. We always go to the same branch of LIDL on Mondays.
However this morning we shopped in a different branch . Coming out I didnt recognise where we were & I had to keep asking "Where am I "

I realsed eventually but it really threw me for the rest of the day.

My mother had towards the end of her life acute short term memory loss. She woke up every morning thinking she'd been moved from her flat.
We took her out for the day & she'd ring us later and berate us for not picking her up.
She responded to old records & knew the words still & enjoyed looking at old photoes, but anything to do with now, was a problem.

Considering it all, I thought I was doing the best I could, but her life must have been misery at times.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2012, 01:36 PM

Thats good news OB, good for you.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2012, 02:30 PM

I had a major senile moment on Friday, I think it was.

I took my car to the garage to have the transmission fluid changed (the old back isn't too good as of late so I couldn't do it myself), parked it outside, went in, gave them the keys and told them it was there, they said to pick it up in an hour so I went outside and immediately walked over to it and tried to find the keys to get in and go home.

I was there for five minutes going through my pockets before the mechanic came to take it to the ramp to work on it and I remembered everything.

I was a bit shook up for a while after that to think I could have such a memory lapse.

I don't have any history of memory loss or dementia in my immediate family but it is still a worry.

Luckily I haven't had any other senile moments since if you discount searching everywhere for my cigarette and finally coming to the conclusion I dropped it then going to light a new one and finding it was in my mouth all along!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top