Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 06:00 PM

Re: Breaks and holidays

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No holiday for me this year either.
I usually share a cottage with my son and Daughter In Law but not this year, we had baby Hannah instead
Going away with three babies under the age of two is not easy , another year things will be easier.
Meg, what a boon disposable nappies are these days ...... no more sluicing them and boiling now!
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 06:53 PM

As long as you don't flush them down the toilet, like one of our neighbours did, blocked the drains for the whole street.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Meg, what a boon disposable nappies are these days ...... no more sluicing them and boiling now!
Yes they are Mags I am still a fan of the white terry nappies though .
Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
As long as you don't flush them down the toilet, like one of our neighbours did, blocked the drains for the whole street.
My neighbour did that Jimmy, no common sense...
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2011, 01:48 AM

I went to Arizona with one of my girls last year, camping/canoeing with my sister this year. I hope to visit my Val in Vancouver next May when the cherry blossoms are in bloom.

My OH won't go anywhere, not even out for coffee, so I get away for little breaks with family and friends whenever I like. Which reminds me - Claire Marie, when are you free for tea and dessert?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2011, 07:04 PM

I have given up on holidays I am afraid to say, its alright during the day but once its near evening I want to be at home so I keep looking but dont go.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2011, 10:30 PM

We like about 3 hols a year this year we were booked to go to North Devon in May but the dog was ill so we couldn't go , we spent a week on Dartmoor in September lost a car key which was nearly £200 to replace and we have just come back from the Lake District and the weather was awful and we took my mum who was ill so Holidays this year have been a bit of a disaster but looking forward to next year now and wondering where to go we would like to go to Norfolk but have never been and don't know if it is right for us as we like Hills/Mountains and Lakes we are not seaside people and like to be away from the maddening crowd so anyone who is familiar with Norfolk if you would like to give us some pointers of nice places to see and perhaps pics we would be grateful... I like the windmills there..
I sound a right misery don't I in the first part of this reply sorry
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2011, 07:43 PM

we have booked a few days in niagara falls at xmas
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2011, 07:56 PM

I still have too much of Scotland to see. Although I don't know what the roads will be like over Christmas.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2011, 03:29 PM

I used to love holidays but now I'm on my own its not so much fun. Can always go out to Spain of course. I also fancy a few days visiting the Isle of Man next year as its very easy for me to get to with direct flights from Luton and I've never been there. Maybe book a B&B and go there for a few days when the olympics are on. Anyone been there?
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2011, 12:07 AM

used to be a companion for people with special needs via a charity and spent 10 year almost permanantly on holiday, cutting down now, just 'off' the idea, probably do the two country and western weekends at Pontins pakefield though

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top