Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 11:33 AM

Re: Now GP's could strike you off their list for being too healthy!!

Thanks for the info. Links are easy - I expect there's a How To on the forum somewhere, if not there's probably a YouTube video - there seems to be a YouTube video for every single thing you might ever want to do. It would help me judge how much weight to give an item if I knew its source

There's a lot wrong with the NHS; there appears to be tremendous difficulty getting GP appointments but, personally, I'm not alarmed at practices keeping their records up to date, as long as that doesn't divert resources from other more patient-focussed activity
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Thanks for the info. Links are easy - I expect there's a How To on the forum somewhere, if not there's probably a YouTube video - there seems to be a YouTube video for every single thing you might ever want to do. It would help me judge how much weight to give an item if I knew its source

There's a lot wrong with the NHS; there appears to be tremendous difficulty getting GP appointments but, personally, I'm not alarmed at practices keeping their records up to date, as long as that doesn't divert resources from other more patient-focussed activity
Hi dm, thanks for the info, I really should have a look and learn about links. I was exactly the same with trying to download pictures from my computer. took me ages to learn! Might have a go this afternoon while I have my cup of coffee !
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
They do this every now and again and it always gets blown out of proportion.

The plan being developed in the east of England is intended to find out if people no longer require services, have moved house or have died
I can see your point but if Katherine Murphy, Chief Executive of the Patients Association is deeply worried about this impending action in the East of England, surely we should have cause to be concerned too?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 12:00 PM

I can see three ways of looking at this:

Keeping names on lists isn't difficult and people may need a doctor urgently if they become I'll even if they've always been healthy.

If the surgery gets paid a sum for every person on the list it would save the government money if people not using the service are removed.

If the surgeries are only just functioning with the payments they receive for these "extra" patients, what would the situation be if the funds were reduced after removing them?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I can see your point but if Katherine Murphy, Chief Executive of the Patients Association is deeply worried about this impending action in the East of England, surely we should have cause to be concerned too?

This is what Katherine Murphy was referring too as a cause for concern .
http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2016...uggle-to-cope/
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

02-03-2016, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
This is what Katherine Murphy was referring too as a cause for concern .
http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2016...uggle-to-cope/
quote from Daily Mail today

Katherine Murphy, Chief Executive of the Patients Association said the policy would discriminate against "good patients" who were deliberately avoiding troubling their busy surgeries.
"It's a slippery slope - patients may receive the letter but not understand what they need to do". she said.
"What mechanisms have they put in place to allow patients to respond to these letters, given how difficult it is to get through to GP's? What if a patent has been in extremely good health, understands the pressures GP's are under and has deliberately not used the service. I think patients will be unfairly discriminated against".
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 05:00 PM

I think this is just the usual DM sensationalising of a rather different story - it sounds to me as though the NHS is not only ensuring up to date lists of patients but looking for fraudulent GPs who inflate their lists, of which I am sure there are a few.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

02-03-2016, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I think this is just the usual DM sensationalising of a rather different story - it sounds to me as though the NHS is not only ensuring up to date lists of patients but looking for fraudulent GPs who inflate their lists, of which I am sure there are a few.

I do hope that is the reason they are doing it.
It wouldn't bode well if it was to make way for immigrants and more elderly moving into the area to be added to the list at the expense of those who are happily in good health or those who have not wished to take up the time of their GP, being thrown off the Surgeries list to make room for them because they are swamped!. We can but wait and see.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
How does this save money ? Or even time ? Makes no sense at all.
A GP is paid money for EVERY patient he has on his/her books.

In the old days think they were limited to 3k at x amount of £ per year healthy or ill.

Always thought this was an odd system which goes back decades.

Think the point they are trying to make is that if a person is fit and has not visited his doctor for years then the GP should not be paid every month for this person.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 09:54 PM

Surely if one person uses it a lot and someone else doesn't it balances out more or less. Or are they going to use this as a way of charging per amount you use eventually?
People who are booted off lists are going to be a bit miffed if they're paying the same amount of NI contributions, divide and rule again?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top