Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

25-09-2010, 10:31 PM

Re: currently reading??

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Does that mean can I reserve a book? I would imagine so but I never bother with them as the nearest decent one is over an hour away. Ive read the books im interested in on our mobile library. To be honest I like to look at ones in our big supermarket that are ofter on offer or BOGOF & mum and I share a sale cost.

Your Mobile Library can order and supply you with most Books
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
Your Mobile Library can order and supply you with most Books
I know that but they only get them from within the county and I really dont like books that have been thumbed through and have pages turned.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2010, 02:23 PM

I look through Amazon and Books (used to be Borders) and order books that have recently been published and the library which is a very small village library gets them in for me and most of them are brand spanking new.
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2010, 02:32 PM

Keep meaning to buy the Jo Brand book, I love her. Just finished Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult and now making my way through Wild Swans by Jung Chang for the second time.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2010, 02:40 PM

I have just started 'Look Back In Hunger' Jo Brand's autobiography but I have a chest infection and when I laugh it makes me cough so I can't continue reading it until my cough improves. She is a very funny and interesting lady.

Jo Brand has also written 'Sorting Out Billy' 'It's Different For Girls' and 'The More You Ignore Me' I haven't read any of them yet but I certainly intend to.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2010, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by buttercup ->
Keep meaning to buy the Jo Brand book, I love her. Just finished Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult and now making my way through Wild Swans by Jung Chang for the second time.
Another Jodi Picoult fan!!
Nippy
South Devon
Nippy is female  Nippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
And me!

I'm reading "The Girl Who Played with Fire" by Stieg Larsson.
The second in a trilogy, I've just finished "The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo", the first one.
They are not really the type of books I read but I am finding them unput-downable

Since getting this darn machine I don't read nearly so much
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2010, 08:45 PM

I've just finshed Vol. 3 in Martin's mammoth trilogy, have Vol. 4 on hold at the library. Reading Michael Crichton's Prey now.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

06-10-2010, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->

I love Jodi Picoult too

I like to listen to them on audio book ( unabridged )
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2010, 09:25 AM

I've just read "Flowers in the Attic" by Virginia Andrews
and am now reading the follow on "Petals in the Wind"

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top