Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 03:02 PM

Re: On the 'Up'

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
A lot of new members don't stay long - or contribute infrequently.
Which is perfectly fine.
No site can ever be 'all things to all people'.

Very probably, statistics regarding the number of posts are available to Admin - daily, monthly, year-to-year.
Nobody says that data must be shared with the plebs though.

The jokey light-weight threads will always attract those who are so-inclined.
But I reckon the meaty stuff - sex, politics, religion, environment etc has more potential for growth.
Like it or lump it, people enjoy a good scrap.
(Or shall we say 'an interesting exchange of views' ?)

The proof of the pudding ?
Just check out the number of pages in threads like Brexit or the McCanns.
I agree and would say that most members would be able to take part in all discussions whether light hearted or serious
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Or we could discuss forming an army to fight for bent cucumbers everywhere. We could start by discussing the strategy and logistics of the offensive.
They don't like it up 'em.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 03:13 PM

Ouch. That'll show 'em.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I remember a while back, someone on the forum saying they thought the site was going down hill a bit and that the number of posts was diminishing.

The reality is, there are so many new members and so many posts, I find it difficult to keep up.

Do you agree?
I agree LD, variety is the spice of life and the forum seems to be running along nicely now thanks to the hard work of the mods who do a thankless job in my humble opinion, I wouldn't do it for love nor money. The silly slagging and name calling is almost gone and there are great new members here.
As Julie said it’s a pity some lovely members have left, and as an oldie here meself I naturally miss them all, but I live in hope that they will return someday.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-03-2017, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by jem ->
i agree ld, variety is the spice of life and the forum seems to be running along nicely now thanks to the hard work of the mods who do a thankless job in my humble opinion, i wouldn't do it for love nor money. The silly slagging and name calling is almost gone and there are great new members here.
as julie said it’s a pity some lovely members have left, and as an oldie here meself i naturally miss them all, but i live in hope that they will return someday.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 09:55 PM

Have to agree that not much happening with Brexit at the moment, it's been flogged to death and until the next drama there really isn't much to talk abou
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Something that engages in serious debate, not ones that engage in mindless name calling that some idiot posters enjoy. When I first joined the forum a while back the threads seemed sensible and worth engaging in, but now, especially on this particular board, some of the threads are pointless to say the least.
Suppose one could say you have the answer in your own hands.
I have always loved this forum from from the get go, as I may have mentioned before .It is supreme IMO
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Suppose one could say you have the answer in your own hands.
I have always loved this forum from from the get go, as I may have mentioned before .It is supreme IMO
Blimey, how can you 'love' a forum?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Blimey, how can you 'love' a forum?
Blimey, how can you not ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-03-2017, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Have to agree that not much happening with Brexit at the moment, it's been flogged to death and until the next drama there really isn't much to talk abou
I think splitting the subject into two stopped that.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top