Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Elizabeth
Cotswolds
Elizabeth is female 

21-10-2010, 08:47 AM

Re: X factor anyone?

I rather enjoy the programme and like to see the progress they are making each week.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 09:27 PM

Well I've got mixed feelings about it. Agree that there are too many "reality" shows on, and I don't watch any of the others with any regularity. But I do enjoy seeing the contestants develop over time. Could do without all the smarmy clips saying how they have wanted to sing ever since they have been in the womb etc.

I think Cher is really creepy and not very talented but has attitude. Maybe that's why people vote for her. But I don't enjoy her at all.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 09:19 PM

I don't know what all the fuss is about Cheryl Cole when she sang or should I say mimed on last week's X Factor! She's always mimed and the same with Girls Aloud, they very rarely sang live.

I don't think Danni ever sang live either. Just right for judging contestants don't you think.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 03:23 PM

With the exception of that fat holiday camp/working mens club bloke Wagner (why is he named after a German composer incidentally?) they're all pretty good and once the rubbish "turns" are out of the way I think it's a bit boring.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 05:02 PM

I just think it would be nice if Cheryl and Danni sang an live accoustic song each without any heavy backing track, maybe just a guitar playing so we can see how good they both can sing.

If that was ever mentioned to them I'm sure they would both have a nervous breakdown just thinking about it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2010, 11:55 PM

Cher gives me the creeps lol she seems totally barking!!
Has anyone else noticed the similarity between Cher when she is dancing and the puppet Andy Pandy it's the way she holds her hands and legs up in the air

Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2010, 11:44 AM

I don't enjoythe X factor type of shows at all. Some of the contestants are so awful they are a total embarrassment!

I wouldn't normally watch 'Strictly', but I find Anne Widdecombe amusing, and as she is doing it to be entertaining that is fine. When she is booted out my interest in the programme will wane.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2010, 01:30 PM

I haven't watched any of the X factor. Previous years I have watched once they have wittled them right down. It's getting boring now all timed so that the winner is number one at Christmas, it's just a money making machine.

I have watched some of strictly, I also think Ann W. is entertaining, she certainly lets everyone know what is on her mind. I admire the contestants for the hard work they put in. I would probably trip over my feet!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
I haven't watched any of the X factor. Previous years I have watched once they have wittled them right down. It's getting boring now all timed so that the winner is number one at Christmas, it's just a money making machine.

I have watched some of strictly, I also think Ann W. is entertaining, she certainly lets everyone know what is on her mind. I admire the contestants for the hard work they put in. I would probably trip over my feet!
I have never danced in my life, not even as a teenager. I am sure compared to me Anne Widdecombe is Margot Fonteyn!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2010, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
I just think it would be nice if Cheryl and Danni sang an live accoustic song each without any heavy backing track, maybe just a guitar playing so we can see how good they both can sing.

If that was ever mentioned to them I'm sure they would both have a nervous breakdown just thinking about it.
Don't think I've ever heard Danni sing, but my impression is that Cheryl can't sing. I'm inclined to think that the only reason she sold so well with her last single was because it was promoted on X factor, and she is promoted by the show.

had to laugh when someone said Belle Amie reminded them of Girls Aloud - don't think either group has any talent!!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top